HVAC/R Technician III
Amentum is seeking a low to mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician to join our 2nd shift facility operations & maintenance team in Decatur, IL!
- Typical work hours are 2 PM to 10:30 PM
- Additional hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician part of a team that is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in HVAC maintenance and repair.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
Requires the ability to understand how to work safely with electrical up to 480V. Must have the basic ability to understand and troubleshoot HVAC control circuits.
- Safely perform work at all times.
- Works as part of a team that will diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment
- Provide documentation on work performed
Within Amentum, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
These are full-time, regular positions with Amentum that offer competitive pay and a full benefits package, including
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- 2 weeks of accrued Paid Time Off per calendar year
- 401k plan with company match
- Employee discounts
- And much more –
- And your benefits start the same day you do!
- Come join our team!
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in area of specialization or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant experience performing HVAC or mechanical maintenance in a commercial environment, or relevant education.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat and kneel.
- Requires the ability to walk throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Associates degree or technical certification in HVAC a plus.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs a plus.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment a plus.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs a plus
- May be required to work some holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.