Aircrew Survival Flight Equipment Technician: North Island, CA
This occupation includes jobs involved in disassembling, repairing, testing, troubleshooting, examining, fitting, modifying, maintaining, installing, and determining serviceability of aircraft survival and flight equipment such as helmets, torso harness assemblies, preservers, life rafts, chemical and biological protective devices, survival kits, oxygen masks. The work includes operational and circuit checks of emergency signaling and communication devices such as survival radios and beacons. The work requires knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance procedures, pyrotechnic and explosive devices, and aircraft egress systems.
Requires familiarity with aircraft assigned to the unit, detailed knowledge of the operation and characteristics of aircraft survival and flight equipment, and the ability to demonstrate and explain proper usage and operation of the equipment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting to 50 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Proof of completed A School for Aircrew Survival Equipment man (PR)
- ALSS Configuration Management course (C-555-0056)
- High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum three (3) years of actual and recent O or I level H-60S/R/F/H Aircraft
- Must obtain and maintain Collateral Duty Inspectors (CDI) and ordnance for (ASFE1) AIRCREW SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN 1: And also other qualification as needed in accordance with instructions as outlined in CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) and Local work site local instructions. Shall be completed within the time frame set by local work site instructions.
- Requires knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance procedures, pyrotechnic and explosive devices, and aircraft egress systems. Detailed knowledge of the operation and characteristics of aircraft survival flight equipment and the ability to demonstrate and explain proper usage and operation of the equipment.’’
- All Work Site Positions: Job descriptions and responsibilities shall change with changes to US Navy Mission and needs.
- Must be able to Build or maintain/manage or if assigned by Site Manger as program coordinator program in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 47904790 all present and future versions.
- Must be able to work all shifts. Full time employment; but 40 hour is not guaranteed per-week. Working hours; must be able to be flexible, start time and end time will be dependent on flight schedule and or overall tasking.
- Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government Common Access Card (CAC). Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS), For temporary use only while waiting for CAC.
- Required to possess and maintain a favorably adjudicated Tier 3 Background Investigation (Non-Critical Sensitive/IT-II).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
- Must have a valid and maintain a current state drivers license.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and pass any medical examination requirements.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work with foreign counties/cultures. Work side by side with people of different culture and languages.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Successfully passing a U.S. Government background security check is required.
- Housekeeping of all areas of work including shop etc; participate in FOD program.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Prior experience with U.S. Naval repair maintenance operations on military aircraft preferred, and proof of completed A School for Aircrew Survival Equipment man (PR) rate.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.