Amentum is seeking an Infrastructure Architect to provide support our customers from the Department of Justice located near Washington, DC. This role is instrumental in the development and implementation of the Target Architecture Design. You will be part of our growing software team designing, developing, and testing a vast array of systems.
You're eager to solve complex challenges, work in a fast-passed environment, and mentor junior engineers. You possess excellent communication skills as the position requires direct interaction with customer and engineer personnel of varying technical levels across different functions. The work requires the ability to take direction and operate independently as well as participate in team environments for this support effort.
As an Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support activities to our DOJ client that includes:
- Providing technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- Establishing best practices for architecting cloud platform and supports application migration of custom software solutions for mission-critical security systems in support of the Bureau of Prisons by making sure that respective environments are setup in AWS GovCloud for analysis, development, testing and production.
- Communicating status, risks, issues, and ideas for innovation directly to the PM.
- Collaborating with client technical staff, key partners, developers, product and program management
- Recommending cost optimizations and ensuring cloud resources are operating as efficiently as possible
- Identify recurring problems/bottlenecks and building the tools and processes to prevent problems from recurring
- Working in an Agile Environment and supporting multiple agile teams
Designing reliable cloud solutions with failure in mind
Supporting On-Call for operational issues
Evolving systems by championing changes that improve reliability and scalability
Managing and appropriately escalating cloud delivery roadblocks, risks, issues, and challenges
Creating detailed plans for the integration of new SENTRY systems architecture into AWS GovCloud
Addressing any issues related to infrastructure security and performance
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- Bachelor's of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science or Information Systems) and 5-7 years’ experience or the equivalent of fifteen (15) years of a demonstrated knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to the job responsibilities. Experience must include:
- Cloud Architecture (5 Years)
- Cloud Performance Engineering (5 Years)
- Ability to create Architecture Diagrams, Server Diagrams, Architecture Plans
- Modernization experience, complex environments, high availability, and secure environments (highly regulated)
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. citizenship required.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ NACI/T1 prior to start.
- Familiarity with lifecycle management tools (e.g. codeBeamer)
- Familiarity with DevOps pipelines (i.e. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools (e.g. SonarQube, Fortify)