Mechanic, Automotive Light Duty
Amentum is seeking a Mechanic, Automotive Light Duty to join our team on Andros Island, Bahamas to support the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) mission. The Mechanic, Automotive Light Duty will be responsible for maintenance and repairs on Government owned light duty trucks, cars, heavy trucks per IAW NAVFAC P 300. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Diagnose and repair all manner of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs general preventive maintenance.
- Responds to “road” call for emergency repairs.
- Reads through manufacturers’ shop manuals for information and instructions.
- Prepares and submits order/requisitions for parts.
- Provides complete documentation of all maintenance and repairs.
- Repairs and maintains tools and equipment.
- Use of hand and power tools, as well as electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Repairs or helps to repair cranes IAW with Navy Crane Center regulations.
- Performs weekly “On Call” duties in rotation with other mechanics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years related experience working in an automotive equipment repair environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge and familiarity with automotive electrical systems and troubleshooting.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of Snap On scan and diagnostic tool.
- Must be familiar with and understand technical/repair manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to regularly stand/bend at waist/stoop/ crouch and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in loud environment.
- Must be able to work on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to reside in remote work location with limited medical facilities.
- Valid driver’s license and passport will be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Additional vocational/technical training or education in automotive or construction equipment repair is preferred.
- ASE certifications is preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.