- Disassemble and examine parts to determine level of repairs or parts replacement needed. Prepare a checklist of all defects to be repaired and initiate repairs.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on various equipment. Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems and determine what level of repair is necessary.
- Windshield replacement, body repair and/or panel replacement.
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours to include shift work.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work from written and verbal instruction and on own initiative as assigned. Accomplish assignments with a minimum supervisory guidance, applying accepted craft or trade techniques, good housekeeping practices, and safe, efficient work procedures.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- Perform other duties of the same or lower level of difficulty as assigned.
- May be assigned occasional duties of a higher level of difficulty than those listed above.
- Uphold company values (Safety, Diversity, Integrity and Success). Perform other duties of the same or lower level of difficulty as assigned. May be assigned occasional duties of a higher level of difficulty than those listed above. Maintain high ethical standards, overall values of the business, and the Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Conduct to include cooperating during Company investigations; Responsible for reporting actual and potential safety and environmental concerns.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivelant required
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Hawthorne Army Depot (HWAD) site access
- Must be able to operate a computerized based terminal
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any HWAD drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all certifications as required by the Master Training Plan.
Must also be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of government security clearance as well as a clearance through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and be favorably vetted through the NCIC III System.
- Minimum two (2) years prior experience in automotive repair, maintenance, and diagnostics required.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle efficiently and safely.
- Must be able to operate basic hand, air, and diagnostic tools such as a scan tool.
- Must have the basic mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical problems.
- Must be able to replace, repair, and reassemble units as necessary. Adjust, time, tune, and test assemblies and complete units for proper operation.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on various equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical problems, and determine what level of repair is necessary.
- Must be able to operate a compressor.
- Being able to weld would be a benefit
This position is designated as a safety sensitive position and is subject to the requirements of the HWAD Medical Surveillance Plan and Matrix and the HWAD A&D Program. As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, drug testing, medical exam and respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by 29 CFR and Army Regulations: AR 190-11, AR 190-13 and DOD Contractors Safety Manual 4145.26.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.