Amentum is seeking a Data Analyst at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait to work with a diverse team of social scientists, cultural advisors, operations research systems analysts (ORSAs), and information operations (IO) planners to translate empirical research findings into United States Government operational assessments and associated briefings for the Combined Joint Operations Task Force – Operation INHERENT RESOLVE (OIR).
You're a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced work environment where you are encouraged to think outside the box. Being action-oriented and open-minded, you are prepared to support CJTF-OIR analysis and assessment activities to include visualization and briefing data (e.g., developing histograms, trend graphs, etc.), and oversee technical inputs for the construction and application of an analytic dashboard. You must also be comfortable working with military planners to break down and synthesize data in a fashion that best informs plans and operations.
- Conducting analysis of structured and semi-structured data sets, to include opinion research, social media-based big data, and various secondary-source indices.
- Supporting assessments of the information environment, applying a combination of opinion research data, intelligence, operational reporting, and social media insights.
- Briefing senior CJTF-OIR leadership on commissioned research findings (e.g., trends) and online data analysis.
- Providing data visualization and quantitative analysis; managing and optimizing existing databases and associated dashboard(s); and reviewing / incorporating commissioned qualitative research to provide context to quantitative findings.
- Leveraging online analytic tools kits for social media-related scrapes.
- Work independently or in collaboration with military planners, social scientists, ORSAs, and other data scientists within and outside the USCENTCOM Theater.
- Supporting the CJTF-OIR J39 social scientist in the construction / modification of research design.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor’s degree linked to data analytics (e.g., math, physics, computer science) or problem set analysis (e.g., international relations, political science, cultural anthropology, communication studies, etc.), and at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Or a Master's degree linked to data analytics (e.g., math, physics, computer science) or problem set analysis (e.g., international relations, political science, cultural anthropology, communication studies, etc.), and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Or a PhD linked to data analytics (e.g., math, physics, computer science) or problem set analysis (e.g., international relations, political science, cultural anthropology, communication studies, etc.), and at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience applying data analytic tool kits (e.g., Open.IO, Echosec, Babel Street, Scraawl, etc.) toward the evaluations of problem sets in the information environment
- Experience in briefing senior military leadership (O-5 and above)
- Experience with visualization tool kits, such as Power BI and/or Tableau
- Experience with building briefs summarizing data and research findings in MS PowerPoint
- Willing and able to relocate to Kuwait for the duration of the position, as well as fulfill Kuwait Visa Requirements
- Willing and able to travel within the USCENTCOM area of responsibility as required by the program
- Due to the nature of the position, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a valid/current U.S. passport
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Graduate degree (MS, PhD, etc.) linked to data analytics (e.g., math, physics, computer science) or problem set analysis (e.g., international relations, political - science, cultural anthropology, communication studies, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience applying data analytic tools toward addressing national security issues
- Experience with machine learning, natural language processing and writing Python script
- Geospatial analytic package expertise (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.)
- Joint intelligence or operational experience with U.S. Geographical Combatant Commands
- Prior experience working the USCENTCOM-based problem sets
- Experience with campaign / operational assessments
- OSINT experience for interpreting the relevance of online trends, themes, narratives, and adversary behaviors in the information environment
- Experience utilizing C2IE (Command and Control of the Information Environment) to record assessment-related data on operations in the information environment (OIE)
- Statistical package expertise in IBM SPSS/PASW, R, STATA or MS Excel statistics