Reliability and Planning Analyst
Amentum is seeking a Reliability Planning Analyst (RPA) to support our team of multi-skilled technicians in Moline, IL.
The RPA is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work controls processes. The primary role is to improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination (scheduling) of labor, parts and material, tools and equipment, required permits, specialized documentation and equipment access.
- Upholds safety, health, and environmental procedures; communicates directly; and supports the EHS policies to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA and Company and Site Specific rules and regulations at all times.
- Acts as the principal liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning.
- Maximizes resources by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation by establishing, maintaining and improving the maintenance planning and scheduling flow and process tasks.
- Receives and reviews all planned work orders from the requesting departments. Reviews and screens each work order to verify proper completion with all required information.
- Examines planned work orders and determines scope and best practices to accomplish work.
- Identifies work requiring engineering and design and reviews with proper entities.
- Escalates issues to the Reliability Manager for work that requires special tools, personnel or special approvals.
- Develops full scope and extent of work required, including cost and time required, to conduct the relevant repair, preventive, predictive, and improvement maintenance activities of the plant equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Prepares job plans for scheduling, detailing parts, materials, special tools and external services and documentation with planned costs. Job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks.
- Performs root cause analysis for continuous improvement.
- Initiates and implements best practices with emphasis on planning/scheduling the preventive and predictive work.
- Analyzes unplanned work orders and occurrences for incorporation into corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensures that all maintenance personnel understand the work instructions using a procedures-based maintenance strategy and best practices for all maintenance tasks.
- Ensures maintenance personnel update and close each work order when completed.
- Prepares reports, collects and analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance related and operation related problems.
- Initiates the requisition process for all MRO materials and oversees storeroom to establish, maintain, improve and optimize MRO inventory.
- Maximizes equipment reliability and availability through effective use of planned maintenance to quickly return equipment to design capacity, and develops effective and applicable procedures to ensure defect free quality maintenance work.
- Develops maintenance work schedule for affected area including PM, PDM and SWO.
- Develops and adheres to prioritization of work tasks.
- Performs post job reviews to ensure actual work performed and post repair operation is satisfactory.
- Identifies and changes scope of PM or PDM (based on activity results) and SWO.
- Maintains the CMMS while managing and tracking work orders, backlog, and spare parts and creates a machine history of plant equipment and reallocates resources as required.
- Understands the as-designed operation of all plant assets and reviews the operation of equipment and systems to identify and implement PM and PDM tasks to avoid production interruption.
- Coordinates with Site Maintenance Manager and Operations to schedule workforce and resources for workforce and cost optimization.
- Develops a system of planned job packages for recurring tasks.
- Identifies and secures and preplaces all parts and material required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of material for the work orders and kits(palletizes) for maximum efficiency.
- Continuously improves, changes the job estimate, planning and scheduling process by utilizing feedback from maintenance team.
- Maintains accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provides information for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of skilled crafts such as HVAC, Mechanics, Electrics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Plumbing, Pipe Fitting, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in facility management, business administration, engineering, or related technical field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience –OR–
- 8 years of experience in industrial Facilities or Production Maintenance related work will be considered demonstrated equivalent in experience with no college education.
- In addition to education or equivalent, two years of planning experience in the field of facility or production maintenance.
- Proficiency in a CMMS.
- Valid Driver's License
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Demonstrated understanding of an effective safety culture.
- Ability to coordinate parts and assign the appropriate skilled labor to ensure successful completion.
- Education, experience, and skills that align with growth into a leadership, management, or supervisory position.
- Preventive and/or Predictive maintenance planning experience.
- Ability to write processes and procedures related to facility and manufacturing process / production maintenance work.
- Practical experience with continuous improvement techniques such as Lean Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance, Six Sigma, 5S, Toyota Production Systems.
- Broad understanding of business issues, key performance metrics, organizational structure and customer value.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.