Planning and Scheduling Analyst
Amentum is looking for a Planning and Scheduling Analyst to join our Operations and Maintenance Team.
The Planning & Scheduling Analyst is responsible for supporting project or operations/maintenance planning and scheduling activities including engineering, preventative maintenance, work orders, materials management, construction, start up and operations. Project controls provides the tools and systems necessary to effectively and pro-actively manage, control, and report on cost and schedule for concurrent projects throughout the organization. Knowledgeable of planning and scheduling concepts and principles including effects on financial performance. Familiar with data sources and supports basic schedule development.
- Supports analysis of schedule, identifies and investigates project schedule variances.
- Collects and updates data and updates and produces scheduling reports.
- Supports basic schedule development.
- Supports gathering and assembling data for schedule updating.
- Supports measurement of project schedule progress and gathers and assembles data for schedule and network updating.
- Gathers data for schedule baseline development and maintenance.
- Familiar with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting methods.
- Understands CPM scheduling concepts and principles and able to develop basic engineering, procurement and construction logic.
- Understands concepts and principles of scope control and change management and earned value methodology.
- Supports monthly report preparation.
- May participate in planning and scheduling meetings to gain insight to planning and scheduling issues.
- Exposure to basic scheduling and cost baseline fundamentals, concepts and principles.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, business or related field, or demonstrated equivalent and four or more years of related experience
- Experience in engineering, procurement and construction projects or operating industrial facilities in a planning and scheduling position including some field experience. Pursuit of the CCC (Certified Cost Consultant), CCE (Certified Cost Engineer), ICC (Interim Cost Consultant), PSP (Planning and Scheduling Professional) or EVP (Earned Value Professional) and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) or CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification is encouraged.
- Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Familiarity with facilities equipment descriptors such as HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Experience working in purchasing or subcontracting in a manufacturing, maintenance, or a related service field.
- Experience with CMMS.
- Experience overseeing storeroom operations.
- Experience streamlining and improving inventory practices.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.