Reliability Planning Analyst
Amentum is seeking a Reliability Planning Analyst for our industrial production maintenance team in Corinth, MS!
Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Reliability Planning Analyst is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work controls processes. The primary role is to improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination (scheduling) of labor, parts and material, tools, and equipment, required permits, specialized documentation and equipment access.
This position is empowered to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and materials, define crafts and skills, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective, and efficient work control plan.
The Reliability Planning Analyst coordinates with our operations and maintenance management team in developing the scheduled maintenance activities and processes; pre-evaluates the need for replacement parts and places orders; and anticipates interruptions in plan and develops backup plans to minimize the impact on the facility’s overall functionality or production schedule.
- Upholds safety, health, and environmental procedures; communicates directly; and supports the EHS policies to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA and Company and Site-Specific rules and regulations at all times.
- Acts as the principal liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning.
- Maximizes resources by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals, and documentation by establishing, maintaining, and improving the maintenance planning and scheduling flow and process tasks.
- Receives and reviews all planned work orders from the requesting departments. Reviews and screens each work order to verify proper completion with all required information.
- Examines planned work orders and determines scope and best practices to accomplish work.
- Identifies work requiring engineering and design and reviews with proper entities.
- Escalates issues to the Reliability Manager for work that requires special tools, personnel, or special approvals.
- Develops full scope and extent of work required, including cost and time required, to conduct the relevant repair, preventive, predictive, and improvement maintenance activities of the plant equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Prepares job plans for scheduling, detailing parts, materials, special tools and external services and documentation with planned costs. Job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks.
- Performs root cause analysis for continuous improvement.
- Initiates and implements best practices with emphasis on planning/scheduling the preventive and predictive work.
- Analyzes unplanned work orders and occurrences for incorporation into corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensures that all maintenance personnel understand the work instructions using a procedures-based maintenance strategy and best practices for all maintenance tasks.
- Ensures maintenance personnel update and close each work order when completed.
- Prepares reports, collects, and analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance related and operation related problems.
- Initiates the requisition process for all MRO materials and oversees storeroom to establish, maintain, improve and optimize MRO inventory.
- Maximizes equipment reliability and availability through effective use of planned maintenance to quickly return equipment to design capacity and develops effective and applicable procedures to ensure defect free quality maintenance work.
- Develops maintenance work schedule for affected area including PM, PDM and SWO.
- Develops and adheres to prioritising of work tasks.
- Performs post job reviews to ensure actual work performed and post repair operation is satisfactory.
- Identifies and changes scope of PM or PDM (based on activity results) and SWO.
- Maintains the CMMS while managing and tracking work orders, backlog, and spare parts and creates a machine history of plant equipment and reallocates resources as required.
- Understands the as-designed operation of all plant assets and reviews the operation of equipment and systems to identify and implement PM and PDM tasks to avoid production interruption.
- Coordinates with Site Maintenance Manager and Operations to schedule workforce and resources for workforce and cost optimization.
- Develops a system of planned job packages for recurring tasks.
- Identifies and secures and preplaces all parts and material required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of material for the work orders and kits(palletized) for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinates with stores to manage spare part usage.
- Creates a critical spares list and procures or identifies sources for procurement to reduce lead times.
- Manages backlog.
- Continuously improves, changes the job estimate, planning, and scheduling process by utilizing feedback from maintenance team.
- Maintains accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provides information for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of skilled crafts such as HVAC, Mechanics, Electrics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Plumbing, Pipe Fitting, etc.
- Support new vendor setups, requests for proposals, and the administrative portion of contracts and service agreements.
- Coordinates with subcontractors and vendors for services.
- Obtains proposals from qualified suppliers and prepares requisitions.
- Uses Maximo / SAP to plan tasks and personnel for corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance work.
- Support pricing, bids, and vendor sourcing functions.
- Assists with the safety program.
Position Goals and Performance Metrics:
- Schedule compliance: Jobs planned vs jobs and work completed as scheduled.
- Planning compliance: Data integrity in estimation and reporting of labor, material, and costs.
- Reduction of Service Work Orders: Planned Maintenance vs. Reactive.
- Improvement in Mean Time Between Failure.
- Timely reporting.
- Reports to Site Operations Manager.
- Works with Operations supervision and planning.
- Works with Maintenance Leads and Supervisors.
- Works with Stores and Purchasing personnel.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Works with other Planners/Schedulers.
- Works with customer/client engineers.
- Works with EH&S representatives.
- Works with Reliability Team.
- Bachelor's degree in facility management, business administration, engineering, or related technical field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 years of experience in industrial Facilities or Production Maintenance related work will be considered demonstrated equivalent in experience with no college education. In addition to education, two years of planning experience in the field of facility or production maintenance.
- Proficiency in a CMMS, such as Maximo, SAP, or EAMS
- Ability to work from aerial lifts and scissors lift from height up to 30 feet and above.
- Requires strong computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Microsoft Excel (including the ability to create charts and graphs, insert formulas, and leverage various lookups), as well as all software tools used in the procurement process.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate strong communication skills, particularly in written communication, as well as good organizational skills and sound judgement.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Education, experience, and skills that align with growth into a leadership, management, or supervisory position.
- Preventive and/or Predictive maintenance planning experience.
- Ability to coordinate parts and assign the appropriate skilled labor to ensure successful completion.
- Ability to write processes and procedures related to facility maintenance work.
- Practical experience with continuous improvement techniques such as Lean Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance, Six Sigma, 5S, Toyota Production Systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of an effective safety culture.
- Strong mathematical and data analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and time management.
- Broad understanding of business issues, key performance metrics, organizational structure and customer value.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.