Security Analyst - Entry Level
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Security Analyst - Entry Level
Are you a personnel security professional seeking a new opportunity in your field? Do you want to support national security and vetting of a trusted workforce? If you are adjudicator, security specialist or security analyst looking for a way to apply your knowledge and experience, we have an opportunity for you!
Amentum is seeking security-minded, critical thinkers with strong communication and analytical skills to join our team of security analysts providing adjudicative support a government customer in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Our security analysts will provide a thorough review of security clearance paperwork and personnel security files, and generate a written adjudicative recommendation to our customer. Security analysts should be knowledgeable regarding the federal adjudicative guidelines, able to balance revolving a caseload, comfortable providing case briefings and capable of conducting effective elicitative interviews, as needed. Candidate should be comfortable learning to use new proprietary computers systems and spending the majority of the work day using computers to review and generate reports.
All work will occur at a fixed customer location in the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA) and work shifts will cover the program core hours of 9am-3pm Monday-Friday.
Security Analyst Entry must have:
- Demonstrated analytical ability and the ability to handle a medium to large, semi complex workload
- Excellent writing and communication, skills and good judgment
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity and the ability to discreetly handle sensitive, personal and classified case information
- Ability to comprehend complex and multi-source data into succinct and supportable final reports
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 704 or Security Executive Adjudicative Directive (SEAD) guidelines
- Knowledge and ability to use computer operating systems/tools such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience performing adjudicative support
- Ability to elicit information during an interview with minimal direction and work effectively with variety of individuals
- Strong time management
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience 1 year additional work experience in a relevant field)
- A minimum of two years of experience as a background investigator or administering polygraph testing
- US government issued Top Secret security clearance required at time of application
- Must be a US Citizen at time of application
- 5 years of additional related experience preferred
- Prior experience supporting this customer
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.