Computer Network Defense (CND) Analyst - Level 4
Amentum is seeking Computer Network Defense Analyst (CNDA) use information collected from a variety sources (e.g., intrusion detection systems, firewalls, network traffic logs, and host system logs) to identify potential vulnerabilities, respond to cyber events that occur, and defend against events that might occur.
- Help develop mitigations to strengthen network defenses and protect against attacks on network infrastructure devices or systems. Work may span the gamut of data transport possibilities, such as traditional wired networks, wireless transport (including Wi-Fi and cellular), collaborative platforms such as video teleconferencing, and the hardware and software that support it all.
- Develop increasing expertise in networking protocols and architectures, cloud security, Internet of Things protocols, and advanced network security.
- Work with government, military, and contractor personnel to develop shared understandings of intelligence needs, mission relevance, and areas of expertise.
- Apply analytical thinking t to form hypotheses, critically assess and choose analysis techniques, then query, merge, enrich, evaluate, and pivot within data to attain and share insights.
- Distill, document, contextualize and share your findings with teammates, stakeholders, and intelligence consumers.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess a current Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility and a polygraph.
- Degree in a technical field (e.g., Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, IT, or Information Systems, Networking and Telecommunications, etc.). 18 semester hours of military training/ coursework in networking, computer science, or cyber topics is equivalent to an Associates degree.
- Minimum 11 years of relevant experience in computer or information systems design/development, programming, information/cyber/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, information assurance, and/or systems engineering.
- Additionally, must have experience in network or system administration.
- Completion of military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis Course), Undergraduate Cyber Training (UCT), Network Warfare Bridge Course (NWBC)/Intermediate Network Warfare Training (INWT), Cyber Defense Operations will be considered toward relevant experience requirement.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.