Cyber Forensic Analyst II
Amentum is seeking a Cyber Forensic Analyst to support the Intelligence Division of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). This contract is in support of FinCEN’s work to combat financial crimes, including terrorist financing, proliferation financing, and complex money laundering schemes. Specific details of this position's support to the effort are listed below:
• Conduct financial cyber investigations of complex financial and business records which shall include advanced analytical, technical, and operational support.
• Conduct complete and accurate research and analysis on Cyber-enabled crime methods and trends, including technical methods and money laundering techniques.
• Conduct Cyber target development, such as identification of cyber-enabled crime networks that include actors and techniques that may represent a cyber threat to systemically important financial institutions and associated infrastructure.
• Evaluate and analyze emerging payment technologies, such as virtual currencies for criminal use or terrorist financing.
• Provide analytical and product evaluative services to analyze cyber evidence. In addition, the Contractor shall provide case support to identify and evaluate effective technological methods and services to investigate cybercrimes.
• Conduct cyber forensics, to include the acquisition, chain of custody, and analysis of electronic evidence from computers, mobile devices, and other digital storage media.
• Apply investigation and analysis techniques to gather and preserve evidence from a particular computing device in a way that is suitable for presentation in a court of law.
• Assist with Cryptocurrency analysis, Blockchain analytics, Open Internet, including social media, Deep and Dark Web intelligence gathering and analysis, data analytics, and electronic evidence analysis related to cybercrime investigations.
Clearance Required: TS with SCI eligibility
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Relevant experience includes:
• Knowledge of procedures and techniques used in crypto currency investigations.
• Experience conducting cryptocurrency analysis support Federal investigation and prosecutions by using criminal investigative tools such as chain analysis, TRM, and Elementus.
• Applied knowledge to the enforcement of Title 18, Title 31, and other applicable statutes of the Federal Criminal Code, and the seizure and forfeiture of illegally derived property
• Ability to conduct research and analysis using open source information, national and international databases, and corporate record filings to match investigative findings and summarize data into a finished professional product
• Foreign language skills in Russian, Romanian, and Arabic have proven helpful in supporting investigative efforts and are preferred but are not required.
• Ability to apply process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects.
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in industry best practices and specific knowledge and experience in developing and applying reengineering methodologies to support development and implementation of operational policies and strategies.
• Experience in cryptocurrency, including global portfolios of virtual currencies, associated cyber actors and intrusion sets, and ransomware actors and infrastructure.
• Experience conducting technical/data analysis and tracing of cryptocurrency transactions through crypto/cyber data platforms.
• Experience with producing all-source, cybersecurity, or threat finance finished intelligence products.
• Experience in the financial services industry, including compliance, asset and wealth management, securities, or banking operations.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.