Counterintelligence Analyst - Mid
Amentum is seeking a Counterintelligence (CI) Analyst to support the DIA Office of Counterintelligence in Reston, VA. The Analyst will produce IC-coordinated all-source intelligence analytic products on foreign intelligence entities capabilities, intentions, willingness, and opportunities to threaten U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, resources, activities, and interests worldwide.
- Provides analytic support to senior officials, collectors, and operators throughout the DoD, IC, and law enforcement agencies/organizations and for DIA’s CI programs, functions, and mission activities.
- Publish products unique to DIA to include, but not limited to, Defense Intelligence Digest (DID) articles and notes, Defense Intelligence Shorts, Response Memos, Defense Intelligence tabloids or graphics, and briefings. Products must follow DIA and Office of Director of National Intelligence analytic tradecraft standards and proper template formats.
- Research, review, edit, plan, prepare, integrate and publish all-source CI assessments to support OCI, DIA and/or DoD programs, functions, and mission activities.
- Conduct daily research of raw intelligence to identify potential threats to DoD personnel, activities, and interests. Contractor shall identify emerging threat trends and patterns and nominate strategic production when appropriate using a pre-analytical writing worksheet.
- Provide all-source analysis support to DoD CI Enterprise collectors and operators to improve awareness of all foreign intelligence threats to DoD personnel, resources, activities, and interests worldwide. Analytic support will include briefings and embedded analytic support to operations.
- Present formal and informational briefings on the current threats and defend CI analytic results to a variety of audiences in support of their CI and mission readiness
- Identify intelligence gaps, specify collection requirements to fill gaps in the information, and evaluate intelligence reporting through reports evaluation, source derived requirements (SDR), and collector engagement.
- Coordinate/collaborate with government/non-government agencies and CI organizations to exchange information on CI activities related to threats to DoD personnel, resources, activities, and interest worldwide and review draft production in accordance with DIA’s analytic tradecraft guidance
- Coordinate and participate in working groups on CI and foreign intelligence threats to DoD personnel, resources, activities, and interest worldwide.
- Responsible for submitting after-action reports for external engagements and significant activities to the Government.
- Identify and articulate indicators of CI threats in support of developing strategies to mitigate risks to operational and strategic interests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance and be able to obtain a polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience and 4-8 years of job experience.
- Possesses deep understanding of counterintelligence topics to include global issues, emerging technologies, terrorism, health, etc. Preferably has experience running working groups, seminars, and conferences on aforementioned topics.
- Able to work and adapt in high paced environment.
- Ability to recognize all relevant information and produce objective assessments, free of any bias and be pertinent to client needs.
- Extensive skills in both written and oral communications is required.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs; mastery of Department of Defense policies, procedures and tools.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.