As a Carpenter you will function as a key member of a multi-skilled team to maintain facility infrastructure and critical systems safely and effectively at OASIS. You will Work independently and as part of a team and are responsible for the efficient and timely execution and completion of all delegated maintenance work tasks.
As the Carpenter you perform maintenance, repairs and renovation work in office spaces and industrial facilities.
Carpentry is required as part of planned maintenance, renovations, new installations, and repairs. While most of the carpentry may be related to buildings there is also a need to build/repair other structures and equipment, to include the refurbishing of existing infrastructure and demolition and construction of new installations.
- Perform renovations, preventative and corrective maintenance on buildings and equipment as required. Commercial and Industrial settings as required.
- Perform tasks for project type work but not limited to office remodels. Rough and finish carpentry.
- Provide technical instruction, mentoring and training to others.
- Identify, propose and contribute to the development of process improvements relevant to assigned system and equipment responsibilities.
- Ensure and advocate for compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Aid in the development and review of project briefs and Statements of Work as required. Aid in the delivery of projects and new works as required. Review and update drawings.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the direct line manager or delegate. Not limited to cleaning, material and equipment organization and inventory control.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing site environmental health and safety (EHS) policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all site security polices
- Any combination of progressively responsible training and experience as a journey-level carpenter.
- General knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in use of hand and power woodworking equipment and machinery, including but not limited to saws, planers, routers, radial arm saws, hand and portable power tools, and measuring devices.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good ability in reading and following blueprints drawings and specifications
- Current Drivers Licence
- Concrete forming, pouring and finishing
- Tile work
- Core Drilling