Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a skilled Carpenter to support a construction project contract on the Island chain of Hawaii.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Be responsible for the planning and laying out of work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions, using a variety of carpenter's hand tools, portable power tools and standard measuring instruments
- Make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work
- Select materials necessary for the work
- Cut, shape, and assemble wooden articles or set up and operate a variety of woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, etc..
- To surface, cut, or shape lumber or to fabricate parts for wood products
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on carpentry projects for the LCC Supervisor
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
- High school diploma
- 4 years working in the trade
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- A security clearance level of TSC/SCI is required at time of application.
- Construction Journeyman
- Overseas experience
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.