Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a Carpenter for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Technical Directive Work Order (TDWO) Department, under general direction of a supervisor or lead person, performs a variety of sub-professional duties and work related to the operation, maintenance, fabrication, and alteration of facilities, and equipment in the trade fields as a semi-skilled level and all other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Specific assignment and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Construction work, such as door and window repair, masonry, setting concrete forms, roofing, framing, hanging drywall, application of plastic laminates, finishing carpentry, installation of architectural hardware, sign making, cabinet and furniture repair, fabrication and repair of stairs, ladders, and interior/exterior walls.
- Structures, buildings, towers, antennas, berms, retaining walls, tanks, fueling systems, trailers, and utilities.
- Works with other semi-skilled and skilled craftsperson and coordinates with members of other activities to ensure quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Provides guidance, orientation, and training to newly assigned and lower seniority employees.
- Responsible for care of Government equipment, tools, property, and materials, and assure that they are properly maintained and safeguarded.
- Performs specific tasks in accordance with verbal and/or written instructions and observes safety, fire, health, and work rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Additional Responsibilities
- Working in inclement weather, including daily exposure to heat and sun glare.
- Considerable physical exertion, to include bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, and kneeling.
- Lifting over 50 lbs. (two-men assist)
- Work positions requirements: Walking or standing, crawling, kneeling or cramped, work requiring repeated stooping, work requiring repeated or frequent climbing.
- Pushing/pulling over 50lbs. (two-men assist).
- Customer contact, confined work area, field assignment, and inclement weather.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of a military or recognized trade school or correspondence course or have a minimum of four years apprenticeship or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years apprenticeship or equivalent work experience in a direct or related field.
- Must be capable of acquiring the skill and knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipment associated with the Carpentry trade.
- Must be able to perform work from verbal and written instructions or from blueprints, drawings, or sketches.
- Must demonstrate ability to comprehend and follow instructions at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- Must have ability to obtain appropriate State and Government licenses.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.