Explosive and Hazardous Device Examiner
Amentum is currently seeking Explosive and Hazardous Device Examiner in Quantico, VA and Huntsville, AL.
A successful candidate will support the EU and other TEDAC units that work with the EU by performing operations and logistics duties as directed by the UTM
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain partnership with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Directorate for Science & Technology (DST).
- Coordinate the transport and examination of material from improvised detonators submitted to TEDAC for full laboratory exploitation.
- Draft LD reports detailing the components that comprise the improvised detonators.
- Obtain different types of detonating cords manufactured all over the world.
- Update and maintain information in the EXPeRT database.
- Serve as the training examiner for non-qualified SSABT’s in the EU.
- Provide training in administrative matters, operations of the EU, and the safety procedures associated with the explosives demolition range and associated equipment, the LD Quality Assurance Manual (QAM), Laboratory Operations Manual (LOM), and the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors / Laboratory Accreditation Board-International (ASCLD / LAB-International) accreditation program.
- Perform both technical and administrative reviews of Forensic Explosive and Hazardous Device reports written by the trainee, verifying accuracy, and compliance with EU Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) during the trainee’s training period.
- Conduct technical and administrative reviews for EU device reports.
- Construct and prepare "mock-up" explosive devices for proficiency testing within the EU.
- Provide training to all SABTs deploying outside the continental United States (OCONUS).
- Develop cases and draft LD reports, as well as write assessments for the Intelligence Unit (IU) and proof read most reports issued by the IU for the accuracy on explosive components and terminology.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as they arise.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
- B.S. degree in the Physical Sciences.
- Three (3) years of experience in positions requiring examinations / inspections.
- Experience with Investigative services.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- The above experience should demonstrate the capability to deliver products under conditions of high operational tempo, frequently adjusting priorities and flux in requirements, on time. It should also demonstrate the ability to interface effectively with senior members of external organizations to develop and support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations, and communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ Secret security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.