VQ-PP Billeting Clerk Administrator
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
- Registers and assigns rooms/units to Customers.
- Interprets company and Navy policies and procedures.
- Create/maintain Working Instructions.
- Interprets company and Navy procedures and policies and prepares and maintains Working Instructions.
- Inputs data for new residents into the UHM system for Permanent Party residents and AHMS for all guests.
- Coordinates permanent party housing unit mechanical discrepancies between the Housing Office and Work Control and tracks to completion.
- Performs Entry/Exit inspections with residents which includes scanning all furniture in unit for audit purposes.
- Maintain new hire linen packages: issues and returns.
- Perform change of occupancy maintenance (COOM) assessments to determine work required by FM shops. Follow up until completed and turned over to Housing.
- Assist with the Annual Housing Inspection.
- Assist when needed in Housekeeping Duties.
- Assist with Housing Warehouse Duties.
- Issues and logs key control requirement with the Housing Office.
- Assist with Supervisors Duties.
- Assist Front Office staff with making and confirming room.
- Reservations, collecting payment and daily deposits.
- Maintains records of room furnishings for VQ.
- Coordinates transient housing unit mechanical discrepancies between the Housing Office and Work Control and tracks to completion.
- Data Entry of VQ Inspection.
- Performs duties of the Primary Hurricane Housing Coordinator during hurricane season.
- Works alternate schedules including weekends as scheduled or required.
- Is subject to call-in or beeper duty during irregular hours based on the needs of the housing office.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
BA/BS degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management or related field preferred. 1 year of experience in hotel/motel front desk experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years administrative experience required and 1-2 years working in a customer service environment preferred. Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required. This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required. High school graduate or equivalent. Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables including the ability to adjust work operations to meet customer requirements. Speak and write clearly so others will understand when furnishing and explaining factual information to individuals. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals. Knowledge of appropriated and non-appropriated fund budget systems beneficial. Competent in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Must be physically capable of operating in a remote environment with a tropical climate. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Must be capable of performing moderate amounts of daily computer activities without adverse effects. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.