Shipping/Receiving Clerk - 1st Shift
Purpose and Scope:
Prepares finished product for shipment or storage by placing them in shipping containers, the specific operations performed being dependent upon the type. Knowledge of various items of stock in order to verify content; selection of appropriate type and size of container; inserting enclosures in container; using excelsior or other material to prevent breakage or damage; closing and sealing container; and applying labels or entering identifying data on container. Performs range of supply duties to include but not limited to, receiving, material handling, warehousing, and issue of all types of repair parts and materials.
- Prepare labels as required.
- Able to prepare basic reports.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts, rejects, and disposes of material as per regulations.
- Visual examination or use of measuring devices and techniques may be performed under mentoring assistance of senior personnel.
- Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Able to read specifications and photographs as/if required in DLA contract.
- Able to use blueprints, schematics, etc., under mentoring of senior personnel.
- Load material on and off of skids, pallets, stands.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from and input data to automated systems in performance of receiving/shipping duties.
- May operate material handling equipment as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Able to make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
14.Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment with hazardous equipment, Moving MHE, obstacles and high volume of activity. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for short distances, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, have full dexterity, and correctable vision. Outside work in hot and cold or wet weather is often required. Work environment often has fumes or airborne particles. Noise level is loud. Protective devices are required to avoid injury. In some locations, this position requires the candidate to be available, on short notice, to work all shifts in multiple work areas as required. Frequent evenings and Saturday shifts may be required.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must have High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must have a minimum of twelve months in material handling, supply distribution, inspection, quality assurance, or related processes.
- Must be able to use the DSS and other automated distributions systems.
- Must be able to follow requirements of MIL-STD 129 or DLA Manuals and other directives as required.
- Must be licensed and experienced in the use of the MHE within 30 days of selection.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.