Work Control Clerk
Amentum is hiring a Work Control Clerk at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam!
The Work Control Clerk performs specialized clerical work in coordinating functions for dispatch and maintenance of USAF vehicles, AGE, BEAR Base, and other commodities managed by the Global Prepositioned Materiel Services Program (GPMS).
- Plan and schedule preventive and corrective maintenance; track services; track costs; and record work performance details.
- Gather, input, retrieve and maintain maintenance information in both computer and manual systems.
- Provide general clerical work to assure the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department.
- General clerical duties, including filing, photocopying, faxing, posting of notices, and ordering of parts and supplies as directed.
- Develop and issue computer reports as requested.
- Assist with and/or prepare materials.
- Prepare summary reports of transportation and maintenance costs.
- Research availability and source of purchase for emergency and critical spare parts and repair parts.
- Compile information such as identification of items, costs, vendor, freight. charges, etc. for purchasing of all maintenance materials.
- Prepare all purchase requisitions, coordinate, and expedite approvals as required, maintain all budgetary records, and provide follow-up action with accounting, buyers, vendors, requestors and receiving.
- Review documents for sufficiency and maintaining any necessary follow-up.
- Maintain all files and inventory records of all orders placed and received, including delivery time schedules.
- Keep an up-to-date record of materials used so that minimum stock levels are maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of related clerical experience in related field.
- Experience with Air Force work order Automated Management Systems (AMS) (e.g., ACES, IEMS, TRIREGA) is preferred.
- Experience with Maximo is preferred.
- Must be able to take direction / supervision and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform general office work.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to use computer and related software programs to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Skill in typing statistical tabulations accurately.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain complex records and to assemble and organize data.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.