Cyber Security Analyst - Demo
You are responsible for detecting, responding to, and preventing cyber incidents. You will actively monitor and analyze security alerts to identify viable threats and take the necessary actions to stop them from being successful. Your goal is to learn from both successful and unsuccessful attacks, building into a threat intelligence knowledge across the team.
As you grow in the role you will take on detection engineering responsibilities to write detection rules, analyze malware, and improve prevention techniques.
This position requires technical expertise and knowledge of security practices, procedures, and capabilities in combination with investigative curiosity to be successful. Openly exchanging ideas, elevating concerns, and taking ownership of solutions is expected in this highly collaborative, remote team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors, analyzes, and interprets system logs for events and incidents reflective of unauthorized access or operational irregularities and escalates for action as appropriate.
- Responds to incidents to prevent additional loss and to obtain and preserve forensic evidence.
- Collaborates with appropriate response partners, assist with determining the root cause of incidents and work with stakeholders and responsible parties to remediate any identified control gaps or failures
- Escalate issues to management in a timely manner with appropriate information regarding severity, exposure, and action items; this role requires critical thinking and investigative mindset coupled effective written, and verbal communication skills.
- Act as a mentor to more junior anaylsts
- Promotes activities to foster information security awareness throughout the organization.
- Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined.
- Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience.
- Serves as an Information Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) by maintaining knowledge of industry recognized security technologies and concepts; actively engages and assists lines of business to understand their needs and develop secure business solutions.
- Help assess, implement, and manage security related systems, processes and tools.
- Remains knowledgeable of changes in security technology, industry practices, and state and federal regulatory requirements; provides technical assistance to IT staff in the detection and resolution of security problems.
- Provide subject matter expertise, technical deliverables oversight of strategic Cyber projects and initiatives to enhance and improve Cyber Intelligence capabilities and maturity.
- Develops security solutions for medium to highly complex information security issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field, or other relevant experience.
- Scripting/Coding capability - Python, Regex, Yara as examples
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques
- Proficiency in both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of application protocols
- Strong analytical, tactical and critical thinking ability.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels