This position is contingent upon contract award
Amentum is seeking a Data Scientist in Washington, D.C. to support an upcoming Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Directorate for Analysis (DI), Analytic Development Office (ADO). This program is modernizing defense all-source intelligence analysis through the development and implementation of advanced analytic methods, and will accomplish this primarily by developing modernized analytic workflows concurrently with intelligence analysts to allow minimal disruptions to current analytic output which allows the analyst to “modernize in place.”
- Conducts data analytics, data engineering, data mining, exploratory analysis, predictive analysis, and statistical analysis, and uses scientific techniques to correlate data into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products, enabling more informed analytic decisions.
- Proactively retrieves information from various sources, analyzes it for better understanding about the data set, and builds AI tools that automate certain processes.
- Creates various ML-based tools or processes, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems.
- Performs statistical analysis, applies data mining techniques, and builds high quality prediction systems.
- Employ mathematics, statics, information science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network science, probability modeling, data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, and data protection to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of existing intelligence data to leverage other IC data sources.
- Develop and utilize machine learning and data mining algorithms, including, but not limited to prediction algorithms based on open source capabilities.
- Integrate or code algorithms to support Government intelligence search and discovery missions.
- Make best-practice recommendations on managing data within hardware, software, storage, and bandwidth constraints.
- Employ data science techniques to support predictive analysis, social media and crowd-source data analytics, war gaming, and strategy development.
- Employ exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence.
- Shall prepare products to describe and document findings and activities.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility (TS SCI).
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Skilled in data visualization and use of graphical applications, including Microsoft Office (Power BI) and Tableau; major data science languages, such as R and Python; managing and merging of disparate data sources, preferably through R, Python, SQL, or VBA depending on the use case; statistical analysis; and data mining algorithms.
- Prior experience with large data multi-INT analytics, ML, and automated predictive analytics.
- Proficient in the use of cloud-based platforms (Amazon Web Services, etc.) to perform data science tasks.