Amentum is seeking a Computer Scientist to support the DIA Office of Counterintelligence in Quantico, VA. The Computer Scientist will employ mathematics, statics, information science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network science, probability modeling, data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, data protection, and / or other scientific techniques to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of existing intelligence data to leverage other IC data sources.
- Develop and utilize machine learning and data mining algorithms, including, but not limited to, Multiple Information Model Synthesis Architecture (MIMOSA) prediction algorithms based on open source capabilities.
- Integrate or code algorithms to support Government intelligence search and discovery missions.
- Employ data science techniques to support predictive analysis, social media and crowd-source data analytics, wargaming, and strategy development.
- Employ exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence.
- Prepare products to describe and document findings and activities.
- Demonstrate documentation and instructions of prototypes to facilitate wide use.
- Serve as the primary POC for development expertise, working to streamline repetitive processes, access and integrate disparate data sets, and maintain internal tools for analytic production.
- Provide advice on opportunities to advance OCI’s advanced analytics program by creating minimum viable products (MVPs) that standardize and export OCI tradecraft.
- Create documentation capturing the function and purpose of MVPs and support transition to internal or external teams that will scale the capability to enterprise applications.
- Support capability development by contributing, editing, and storing code in Government owned/controlled source version control repositories.
- Create, edit, and disseminate, in partnership with other vendors or software developers, capability update briefs capturing outstanding requirements, requested features, bugs, planned development efforts, and priorities for prototypes or MVPs.
- Research and design data, software, and other technical approaches to support all-source intelligence analysis and data exploitation.
- Design and implement technical solutions that deliver automation, machine augmentation, and tradecraft compliant capabilities.
- Deliver technical capabilities that enhance the ability for all source analysts to interrogate increasingly large and complex data sets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance and pass a polygraph examination.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business and eight years of related experience.
- Possess in-depth knowledge employing data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, data protection, and / or other scientific techniques to design and develop automated or computer-assisted prototypes or software to derive insight.
- Possess experience working with increasingly large and complex data, working and standing up distributed cluster for advanced analytics, and creating algorithms to clean, process, analyze, and visualize data.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.