Data Scientist III
Amentum is seeking a Data Scientist III to support the Intelligence Division of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). This contract is in support of FinCEN’s work to combat financial crimes, including terrorist financing, proliferation financing, and complex money laundering schemes. Data scientists will be a force multiplier for financial intelligence analysis and analytic production in FinCEN’s Intelligence Division (ID). They will partner with ID analysts and subject matter experts to develop analytic findings relevant to combating illicit finance and national security threats, primarily using Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) information. They should have advanced skills in data analysis, relevant programming languages (SAS, Python, etc.), database querying, data manipulation, and visualization—as well as teamwork and communication. Duties may include:
• Execute large-scale and complex queries of BSA information, including complex searches of narrative/free text information and large volumes of transactional data to identify relevant records for analysis.
• Apply advanced techniques, including using programming languages, to cleanse and standardize large datasets, taking input from analysts and subject matter experts to refine processes. For example, conduct entity resolution using multiple variables and text analysis functions.
• Search long lists of subject names, including thousands of names, against BSA data holdings to identify matches for further analysis, helping to separate true from false positives using advanced techniques.
• Help analysts develop and refine complex queries, leveraging data scientists’ knowledge of the underlying data structure and query techniques, to identify appropriate records.
• Create data visualizations and input for visualizations using a variety of tools to enable intuitive analysis and presentation of large datasets and key findings.
• Apply advanced techniques to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies in large datasets and inform shared understanding of the factors underpinning the findings.
• Work closely with others to communicate key findings, present methodologies, and findings in a digestible format, and clearly document work so projects can be transferred or replicated, if needed.
Clearance: TS with SCI eligibility.
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience.
Relevant experience includes:
• Experience using open-source machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn and tensor flow to answer business questions using proprietary data
• Experience with statistical analysis and correlating disparate data
• Experience with probabilistic modeling and/or predictive modeling
• Experience with performing data analysis using scripting languages such as python, R, MATLAB, and Spark
• Experience implementing machine learning processes into production software applications
• Experience using big data tools to answer business questions using proprietary data
• Experience in building property graphs from multiple data sources to perform network analytics
• Analyze large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable results.
• Experience with the application of data science and advanced data analytics, including structured, unstructured, or relational, data mining, and machine learning techniques.
• Ability to apply process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects, develop modern business methods, identify best practices, and create and assess performance measurements.
• Ability to demonstrate skills and abilities in planning, organizing, and managing. Performs high level analysis related to consulting subject areas and provides group facilitation, interviewing, and alternative forms of knowledge transfer to support development and implementation of operational policies and strategies.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.