Senior Communications Security (COMSEC) Specialist
Amentum has an opportunity for a highly qualified candidate as a Senior Communications Security (COMSEC) Specialist to provide research, planning and analysis support to U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) at Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
- Perform central receiving, temporary storage, and transfer services for DoD-provided COMSEC equipment, documents, keying and other materials.
- Train Ministry of Defense (MINDEF) personnel in the proper custodianship, safeguarding and operation of DoD-provided COMSEC equipment and materials, including keying materials.
- Conduct periodic inventories and inspections of DoD-provided COMSEC equipment, documents and materials, including keying materials.
- Articulate COMSEC concerns, including recommended Courses of Actions both verbally and writing, to U.S. and Host Nation senior leadership.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- US Citizen
- Bachelors Degree Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of formal/technical/military training and experience
- 2 or more years of relevant experience as a COMSEC Manager (with direct hands-on experience with requirements detailed within NSA CSS Policy Manual 3.16 and KMI 5110 Version 1 dated May 2017)
- Active Secret security clearance
- Meet DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II minimum qualifications
The following training will be required:
- Must complete KMI operations training provided by NSA/DoD Service sponsored agency.
- Must register and arrange to attend the COMSEC Managers Course training within six months of contract start.
- Strong background in C4I System and Networks and experience in theory of all aspects of COMSEC equipment and systems (to include Secure Communications Internet Protocol devices, Secure Analog and Data Service devices, SECTERA Wireline Terminal, Secure Telephone Equipment, and SECTERA VIPER phone)