Amentum is seeking an Automation Specialist for the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant project located in Richmond, Kentucky.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
- Required to be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- May be asked function as a temporary Lead.
- Under limited supervision, conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Work may include technical responsibility for a major control system phase or functional area of a project. Typically at this level, there is specialization in a functional area (robotics, conveyors, automated etc.).
- Directs and prioritizes work assignments of the Automation Specialists
- Provide reports and updates to management on the status of control system implementation and operation.
- Responsible for the analysis, implementation, evaluation, and modification of the system(s) used to control and monitor the processes within the demilitarization facility.
- Responsible for providing DCS programming and hardware support to the systemization teams during the testing of plant operations of plant equipment.
- Implement new control software and modify existing code utilizing approved demilitarization coding procedures.
- Perform analysis, evaluation, and modifications to all DCS processes control systems software as required to support systemization testing activities and normal operation.
- Ability to communicate with systems engineers and operators to determine process control software functional specifications.
- Maintain configuration management and programming documentation in accordance with required project procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting of DCS and associated control system hardware in upset conditions.
- Perform tuning of control loops via the process control software utilizing systems analysis techniques.
- Ability to communicate to management personnel DCS equipment / system upset conditions, and make recommendations for restoring the equipment / system to normal operation.
- Monitor Vendor installation of PLC's and control system to assure technical feasibility and adequacy.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of test plans and procedures for the process control system.
- Develop and/or review all standard operating and maintenance procedures associated with the process control system.
This position is designated as an unescorted access position and is subject to the requirements of the Unescorted Access Program (UAP). As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, urinalysis testing, respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by the Blue Grass Army Depot Commander
Relocation Assistance Provided
BGCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) with govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Blue Grass Army Depot is required.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or a related field and 13 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or a related field and 17 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent and 21 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) site access.
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment.
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- Must be able to solve complex problems and understand the impact of decisions upon the operation of the facility.
- Have knowledge and understanding of technical documents, including specifications, drawings, test plans, standard operating procedures and system demonstration procedures.
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate and prioritize projects, adapting to change as they occur.
- Must be detail oriented and possess ability to manage complex and varied projects.
- Must have good communication skills to provide technical assistance, presentations, and/or training to field personnel.
- Competent in developing, analyzing, and modifying complex Distributed Control System (DCS) software, or similar type system, and related Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Ability to understand Logic Diagrams
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Knowledge of network systems and related components (routers/switches)
- Education/training in systems programming and analysis
- InSQL programming experience
- Programming/configuration experience with Foxboro I/A, Infusion, EVO, and/or Eco Structure on a Foxboro/Invensys/Schneider Electric Distributed Control System(DCS)