HR Specialist (GmbH)
This is a European Union or US National Local Hire Position in Germany. As such the employee will be subject to paying German taxes and be part of the German work force with all the benefits of Host Nation employment and social system. This position is not approved for relocation allowances.
Purpose: This position supports all areas of Human Resources as dictated by daily operations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assists in the day-to-day HR operations in a variety of areas: Contract Support; Employee Benefits Administration; Candidate Management; SPOT Administration; Host Nations; Performance Management; and HRIS Administration.
- Prepares personnel change of status (PCOS) requests for transfers, promotions, termination, release,
contract completion, etc., always ensuring that proper approvals and reviews have oc
- Handles customer inquiries and complaints, finding resolution at the lowest level.
- Checks and verifies miscellaneous statements and reports against data from originating sourc
- Accumulate and tabulate control statistics.
- Interface with vendors for problem resoluti
- Maintain various master files and listings including periodic transaction s
- Executes daily reception duties i.e., answering incoming calls, taking, and relaying messages, high customer service interaction.
- Performs filing and maintains electronic and hard copy records.
- May perform work of an accounting clerk as required.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Amentum Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Performs other duties are assigned.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in
compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent required, higher-level education desired.
- 3 years of HR experience required, however may consider similar job-related experience.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must have high level of speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension of the English language.
- Must be able to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discreti
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Must have demonstrated skill with MS software to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- The preferred candidate would have a valid work & residency permit to work in Germany or be a national of the European Union / European Economic Area.
- This position is not approved for relocation allowances.