Subcontractor Support Specialist
Do you envision a workplace where every team member works together to create an amazing workplace experience? Do you want to be part of a dedicated group of professionals who consistently deliver excellence to reach our common goal of a best in class working environment? If you have a positive can-do attitude and a drive for success, Amentum is looking for you! We are seeking a Subcontractor Support Specialist team member for our client site in Groton, CT. The successful candidate will have outstanding skills and will be committed to working with others to deliver best in class, unparalleled excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
As the Subcontract Support Specialist, you will act as a lead for our predictive / preventive maintenance and root cause analysis programs as well as supporting our subcontract management team. You will provide additional support to maintenance teams with development of strategies that help create processes and programs to improve asset reliability/uptime. Daily tasks will include:
- Supporting the predictive/preventive maintenance program.
- Performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for improved reliability of key assets.
- Working on PMs and Corrective Work Orders
- Supporting critical spare parts process.
- Attending weekly continuous improvement activities.
- Performing maintenance planning and materials.
- Planning for shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Developing predictive maintenance strategies.
- Supporting various special projects, asset management, troubleshooting, and metric and performance measurement development.
- Understanding issuance of permitting for subcontracted services such as safe work permits, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA/THA) and contractor daily time records (CDTR’s).
- Managing the High Hazard Access PM & inspection program and support the CMVA access program
- Working closely with Accounts Payable in prevention of double billing or incorrect payment.
As the Subcontract Support Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Work in a team environment with a one team mentality; be friendly, respectful, empathetic, and professional to teammates and clients.
- Value and respect employee authenticity and demonstrate cultural awareness to create a memorable experience and a respectful workplace.
- Balance workload and multiple tasks while focusing on attention to detail and prioritizing assignments.
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise and solve problems independently; shift priorities as needed or requested by management and remain flexible.
- 5 years of experience in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance projects involving planning/scheduling, or a related field.
- Experience with a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as MAXIMO, EAMS, or other database systems.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate driver's license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, as requested.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Some physical requirements include:
- Ability to move light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets, and other storage locations.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Repetitive wrist movement.
- Ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Ability to attend meetings throughout the site.
- Ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Pfizer Site Requirement:
All employees and contractors working at a Pfizer site must be fully vaccinated against covid-19 by November 15, 2021, unless there is an approved medical or religious exemption. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as receiving the full dose therapy of an approved covid-19 vaccine and being 14 days post the completion of the required dose regimen.
- Knowledgeable in best-in-class maintenance practices and predictive maintenance activities.
- Demonstrated performance as a Predictive Maintenance Specialist on previous industrial/manufacturing projects in the Facility/Process Maintenance Management Industry.
- Demonstrated technical background of operations in an industrial/manufacturing/research facilities environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow mechanical and electrical schematics, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Ability to focus on customer relations and client partnering.
- Certifications in Level I Ultrasound, Vibration, IR, or Oil/Lubrication.