Predictive Maintenance Specialist
Do you envision a workplace where every team member works together to create an amazing workplace experience? Do you want to be part of a dedicated group of professionals who consistently deliver excellence to reach our common goal of a best in class working environment? If you have a positive can-do attitude and a drive for success, Amentum is looking for you! We are seeking a Predictive Maintenance Specialist team member for our client site in Groton, CT. The successful candidate will have outstanding Predictive/Preventive Maintenance skills and will be committed to working with others to deliver best in class, unparalleled excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
As the Predictive Maintenance Specialist, you will act as a lead for our predictive / preventive maintenance and root cause analysis programs. You will provide additional support to maintenance teams with development of strategies that help create processes and programs to improve asset reliability / uptime. Daily tasks will include:
- Support the predictive/preventive maintenance program.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for improved reliability of key assets.
- Work on PMs and Corrective Work Orders
- Support critical spare parts process.
- Weekly continuous improvement activities.
- Performing maintenance planning and materials.
- Planning for shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Developing predictive maintenance strategies.
- Supporting various special projects, asset management, troubleshooting, and metric and performance measurement development.
As the Predictive Maintenance Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Work in a team environment with a one team mentality; be friendly, respectful, empathetic, and professional to teammates and clients.
- Value and respect employee authenticity and demonstrate cultural awareness to create a memorable experience and a respectful workplace.
- Balance workload and multiple tasks while focusing on attention to detail and prioritizing assignments.
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise and solve problems independently; shift priorities as needed or requested by management and remain flexible.
- 5 years of experience in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance projects involving planning/scheduling, or a related field.
- Experience with a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as MAXIMO, EAMS, or other database systems.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate driver's license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, as requested.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Some physical requirements include:
- Ability to move light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets, and other storage locations.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Repetitive wrist movement.
- Ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Ability to attend meetings throughout the site.
- Ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Pfizer Site Requirement:
All employees and contractors working at a Pfizer site must be fully vaccinated against covid-19 by November 15, 2021 unless there is an approved medical or religious exemption. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as receiving the full dose therapy of an approved covid-19 vaccine and being 14 days post the completion of the required dose regimen.
- Knowledgeable in best-in-class maintenance practices and predictive maintenance activities.
- Demonstrated performance as a Predictive Maintenance Specialist on previous industrial/manufacturing projects in the Facility/Process Maintenance Management Industry.
- Demonstrated technical background of operations in an industrial/manufacturing/research facilities environment.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow mechanical and electrical schematics, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Ability to focus on customer relations and client partnering.
- Certifications in Level I Ultrasound, Vibration, IR, or Oil/Lubrication.