Tire Repair Specialist
Purpose and Scope:
Performs tire repair replacement. Complies with requirements as directed. Carries out all duties in accordance with Quality and Safety Standards.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized working area.
- Reports all damaged or missing tools or equipment to his supervisor immediately.
- Reports shortages of parts or materials to the supply custodian in a timely manner.
- Removes and repairs tube and tubeless punctured tires.
- Replaces tube and tubeless tires on both rigid and split rims.
- Operates tire changing and wheel balancing machinery.
- Removes and replaces wheels on all types of vehicles.
- Operates Materials Handling Equipment (MHE), vehicle trolley jacks, portable compressors and air tools when trained to do so.
- Ensures Safety, Environmental and Hazardous Materiel (HAZMAT) procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensures safety equipment is serviceable and used when required, to include tire inflation cages, hydraulic jacks, axle stands and inspects for serviceability all tools and equipment prior to use.
- Is responsible for issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and must safeguard, inspect, and when necessary request replacement for items rendered unserviceable.
- Completes paperwork; accounts for time taken on work orders and completes in use asset/vehicle inspection forms
- Balances wheels using spin balancer or bubble balancer when required.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment, in which mechanical equipment is operated, is loud and noisy, and some pieces of equipment have exposed moving components. Must be able to stand and bend for long periods. Must be able to push and test vehicles and heavy objects. Routine lifting to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required. Occasional use of safety glasses and hearing protection required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Completion of high school or equivalent is required.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience with tire changing machinery.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- The preferred canddiate would have a valid work & residency permit to work in Germany or be a national of the European Union/Eurpoean Economic Area.