Warehouse Specialist - Receiving
Purpose and Scope:
Amentum is currently searching for a Warehouse Specialist (SME) at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. The candidate should be an SME with an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
1) Perform a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
2) Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage. Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
3) May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
4) Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages; route materials to prescribed storage locations; stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting up to 20-60 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/or organizing skills, and musts be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - AMENTUM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AMENTUM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AMENTUM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have a current driver's license.
- Minimum eighteen months experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, Audit Readiness, QA, or related processes.
- Must be able to use DSS and other automated distribution systems used at DLA.
- Must be able to follow requirements of MIL-STD 129 and DLA Manuals or other directives as required.
- Must be licensed and experienced in the use of MHE.