Perform duties as required to ensure compliance to OSHA 29CFR 1910.119 – Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA 40CFR Part 68 – Risk Management Program (RMP). Work in conjunction with Engineering, Operations and Safety personnel assisting all departments under the contract by coordinating and monitoring activities that fall under the requirements of the PSM standard. Work with Vandenberg AFB Environmental personnel to ensure compliance with VSFB overall RMP program. Provide status within the project, including subcontractors, for adherence to PSM and RMP producing data and reports as required to document compliance.
- Perform audits for compliance to 29CFR 1910.119 and 40CFR Part 68.
- Continually monitor requirements for changes/updates to stay abreast of upcoming changes.
- Work with VSFB Environmental Shop personnel responsible for VSFB RMP program to ensure project data is kept up to date and all compliance issues are satisfied.
- Produce data and reports as required for activities that fall under PSM in order to document completion.
- Maintain Microsoft Access database of PSM program activities.
- Perform mechanical integrity inspections in accordance with internal procedures documenting results.
- Conduct Process Hazard Anaylses (PHA) as required with PSM Team members.
- Maintain extensive document files under PSM program.
- Assists project personnel in the writing of technical and operational procedures.
- Assist in the Corrective and Preventive Action program to include; Corrective Action Reports (CARs) and Non-Compliance Reports (NCRs) as they relate to PSM covered activities.
- Perform monthly internal audits and report back to management.
- Coordinate with effected management and project personnel on the integration of process improvements into existing procedures as necessary.
- Maintain and help upkeep the Maintenance database in the Amentum MRO System.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, communications and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Familiarization with Vandenberg SFB and the ASSC work scope.
- Familiarization with 29CFR 1910.119, Process Safety Management and 40CFR Part 68
- Complete and Extensive familiarization with Microsoft Office software suite (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as current electronic communication methods. Job entails extensive use of computer drafting documents, plans, schedules, as well as maintaining and updating Microsoft Access database.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Experience: Minimum five years experience in similar or higher level position associated with integrating complex elements into a cohesive structure. Previous Engineering position desired but not required.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent training, education and experience in related field(s), preferably in an engineering field.