Do you envision a workplace where every team member works together to create an amazing workplace experience? Do you want to be part of a dedicated group of professionals who consistently deliver excellence to reach our common goal of a best in class working environment If you have a positive can-do attitude and a drive for success, Amentum is looking for you! We are seeking a Training Specialist team member for our client site in Groton, CT. The successful candidate will have outstanding planning skills and will be committed to working with others to deliver best in class, unparalleled excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday; various hours may be required based on business demand.
As the Training Specialist, you will provide essential deliverables within the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and Global Workplace Solutions training programs. Your daily duties for this role will include:
- Serving as a central point of contact for questions related to EHS and Global Workplace Solutions training programs.
- Developing courseware and publisheng into CLC stage and production environment.
- Creating, updating, and retiring all EHS courses and job roles within CLC.
- Collaborating with EHS Management Systems & Training Manager to conduct annual EHS training course review. Working with subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy; incorporating program updates into training; and releasing into P2L production environment.
- Managing the Dangerous Goods Training Program. Providing back-up support for the High Hazard Access Program.
- Processing manual course completions within CLC learning environment in alignment with training rosters received.
- Generating Business Object reports as required to support training metrics reporting and compliance validation activities.
- Preparing EHS Training Metrics monthly for site leadership.
- Processing training completions recorded in EHS training kiosks.
- Processing additions and removals of P2L primary and secondary job codes related to EHS and Global Workplace Solutions training programs for colleagues and contractors.
- Supporting EHS training component of New Hire Launch program.
- Providing training support for EAMS, Get Service, and Facilities program and for additional facilities as required.
- Ensuring all training content is up-to-date within SharePoint, shared drives, and the training kiosks.
- Reviewing all medical incidents in Medgate and assigns investigators and issuing investigation notifications.
- Supporting administration of EHS training approval component of CMVA request process.
- Collaborating with EHS Lead to administer EHS training business line metrics.
- Processesing Electronic Bio hazardous Agent Registration (EBAR) application requests.
- Administering compliance notification program.
- Partnering with Business Planning Group (BPG) and EHS to monitoring conformity with established training requirements of the Vendor Day Badge program and works with business contact in assigning new vendor to program.
- Managing the No Job Code Report to ensure training compliance
- Performing other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
As a Training Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Work in a team environment with a one team mentality; be friendly, respectful, empathetic, and professional to teammates and clients.
- Value and respect employee authenticity and demonstrate cultural awareness to create a memorable experience and a respectful workplace.
- Balance workload and multiple tasks while focusing on attention to detail and prioritizing assignments.
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise and solve problems independently; shift priorities as needed or requested by management and remain flexible.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience in communications, training business administration, operations support, or a related business support role in facility management.
- Ability to pass a medical evaluation for respirator use and be able to successfully complete a fit test for each type of respirator needed for the position or for an approved alternate respirator that provides equal or better protection from identified hazards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environments.
- Ability to obtain site specific security access including all applicable background checks.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate driver's license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, as requested.
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Some physical/special requirements include:
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Ability to attend meetings throughout the site.
- Ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Some physical requirements include:
- Ability to move light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets, and other storage locations.
- Ability to occasionally to 20 pounds.
- Repetitive wrist movement.
- Ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
Pfizer Site Requirement:
All employees and contractors working at a Pfizer site must be fully vaccinated against covid-19 by November 15, 2021 unless there is an approved medical or religious exemption. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as receiving the full dose therapy of an EUA approved covid-19 vaccine and being 14 days post the completion of the required dose regimen.
- Demonstrated experience in a high visibility customer service role with multiple customer streams.
- Working knowledge of a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) such as EAMS, MAXIMO, or related database systems.
- Experience working in purchasing or as a buyer in a manufacturing, maintenance, or a related service field.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Microsoft Visio.