Warehouse Specialist Lead - Receiving
Purpose and Scope:
The Warehouse Specialist Lead performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishments storage plan. In addition to the essential responsibilities, the Warehouse Specialist Team Lead provides daily work assignments to other storage personnel (e.g., Shipping/Receiving clerks, Material handlers, Forklift operators, Shipper packers, stock clerks) assigned to work center, which includes performance of general duties and responsibilities associated with the efficient flow of materials and processes associated with the warehouse function. A Lead Person is a working employee charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, and approving the work of other employees. Position reports to a supervisor or manager. Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage.? Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages; route materials to prescribed storage locations; stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Makes detailed work allocations as instructed by the supervisor and/or customer maintenance representative.
- Responsible for furnishing sufficient and accurate information to employees working under his direction.
- Interprets information, answer questions, review, check/inspect work, and eliminate ordinary difficulties.
- Responsible for the work under their direction within their work group.
- The Lead Person does not to assume any supervisory prerogatives.
- The Lead Person does not establish work standards within the group, administer or recommend hire, fire or discipline of any employee.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication and constant mental alertness. Must possess planning/or organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have a current driver's license.
- Must High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Minimum twelve months experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, Audit Readiness, QA, or related processes.
- Must be able to use DSS and other automated distribution systems used at DLA.
- Must be able to follow requirements of MIL-STD 129 and DLA Manuals or other directives as required.
- Must be licensed and experienced in the use of MHE.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance