Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a Contracts Specialist for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Business Manager on a variety of Contract Administrator duties and tasks. Develops proposals and negotiates with the Government personnel on contract and other IDIQ requirements within BOS/ROS at PMRF. Supports all CTO activity for the contract; Direct interface with Government contracts office on contractual matters; Responsible for receiving, distribution, review and comments on Request for proposals, Modifications, Equipment Assignments and subcontracts; Review proposal data to ensure compliance with methodologies followed for Basis of Estimates, as well as with indirect rates and Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA/Service Contract Act (SCA), as applicable and all other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Direct interface with Government contracts office on contractual matters.
- Responsible for receiving, distribution, review, and comments on Request for proposals, Modifications, Equipment Assignments, and subcontracts.
- Gather source information from all offices for use in developing proposal, including finance, program control and contract task managers.
- Review proposal data to ensure compliance with methodologies followed for Basis of Estimates, as well as with indirect rates and Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA/Service Contract Act (SCA), as applicable.
- Maintains a contract data base, including a contract modification value log and others as required to track changes and costs on subcontracts, and IDIQ modifications, if required.
- Arranges and participates in contract pre-proposal conference on new modifications to basic contract and on subcontracts.
- Administers and maintains good file documentation and supporting information for Consent to Subcontract files for Government review.
- Responsible for large dollar value, and most complex, vendor purchases that support both Contract Task Orders (CTO) proposals and non-CTO requirements.
- Receives daily work requirements from the Contracts Manager and reports directly to the Amentum Contracts Manager, as the Supervisor.
- Crafts Purchase Orders IAW Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and conducts appropriate price analysis, evaluations, and competition on all Purchase requests, consistent with FAR and Corporate Purchasing Manual.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Additional Responsibilities
- General office environment with site visits to remote sites.
- Effective oral/writing communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be to lift 10 lbs.
- Work positions requirements: walking, standing, or sitting.
- Pushing/pulling up to 10 lbs.
- Work Environment: Customer contact, extended workday, office laboratory
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must currently work on existing PMRF contract to be eligible for this position.
- Three years of experience in the related field.
- Experience with Government contracts is required.
- Must have knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and government procurement and subcontracting systems, policies, and procedures.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.