Job Description and General Responsibilities
- Provides expert support to personnel clearance actions and on issues of personnel eligibility and “need-to-know” factors within the organization ensuring that requests for security access are screened and verified, and that all necessary forms and documentation have been completed before processing.
- Review, revise, and draft Security Standard Operating Procedures and other security related policies and guidance.
- Develop, conduct, and document security related training, and advisory services to include required annual security refresher training for all accessed personnel (initial/recurring) to include thorough briefings on local procedures.
- Coordinate and perform on-site Annual Security Assessment Checklist for assigned facilities IA Wall relevant security guidance.
- Periodically review and revise organizational foreign travel briefing documents based on current State Department and DoD Threat Assessments.
- Brief, debrief and process foreign travel and foreign contact information.
- Coordinate incoming/ outgoing visit request and maintain annual visit notification requests.
- Maintain specific program guidance relative to security disciplines and ensure the complete protection of all sensitive program components.
- Provide guidance on appropriate classification of information to include reviewing documents for proper classification, markings, classification authority, and disposition instructions.
- Support the coordination of unit personnel security background issues with national and local law enforcement agencies, the Office of Special Investigations, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Defense Security Service.
Other Duties Include:
- Schedule and provide personnel with interviews and indoctrination briefings into SCI.
- Support the Government with in-processing and out-processing of all SCI personnel. Prepare all necessary forms and develop and maintain security records all assigned personnel
- Support Government investigations of security violations, deviations, incidents, and/or practices dangerous to security. Identify appropriate corrective/disciplinary options to resolve problem areas.
- Perform ancillary day-to-day security activities to include; escort duties, facility security and lock-up and changing lock/cipher combinations. Maintain records and inventories of badges and keys/codes.
- Review Security Classification Guides and provide feedback to the Government Security Specialist.
- Perform random Entry/Exit security inspections, and alarm system checks.
- Providing security support for conferences, training events, operational events, visitors and other contingencies.
- Implement compartmented directives, regulations, and operational instructions that enforce National-level and Department of Defense policy and guidance regarding the administration and maintenance of SCI facilities.
- Controlling, obtaining approval and accountability for all incoming/outgoing equipment, software and media in accordance with current directives.
Special Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Approximately 60% of job position entails producing reports and participating in project development meetings. The candidate must be able to speak and write clearly, concisely and coherently.
- Familiar with DoD Security processes and procedures
- General knowledge of DoD Personnel Recovery (PR).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- A thorough knowledge of MS Office software, especially Word, Excel and SharePoint; familiarity with computers and information technology products, to include both hardware and software and the ability to adapt to new requirements and products; ability to formulate, interpret, analyze, and report subjective and objective information.
- Experience in the administrative process to protect the security of SCI in the workplace and the sensitivity of information contained in personnel security records to include confidentiality requirements related to clearance investigations, OSI files, as well information protection.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- This position is drug-testing position. The incumbent is (a) to refrain from use of illegal drugs and (b) if requested, submit to urinalysis testing.
- The job is performed in a general office or comparable working environment with occasional distractions, such as noise, interruptions, or congested work area.
- Must already have a Top Secret Clearance and eligible for SCI access.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.