DNA Database Sample Specialist
Amentum is currently seeking DNA Database Sample Specialist in Quantico, VA and Huntsville, AL.
A successful candidate will assist the government program manager in developing an analysis of laboratory activities and will conduct reports to the program manager when necessary. They will also monitor performance documentation, and metrics to identify improvements for database projects. Will also recommend solutions to problems encountered when performing database procedures and assists in the training of new methods and new personnel when applicable. They will perform specific quality assurance and quality control duties involving database responsibilities, ensuring compliance with FBI, national, and international quality assurance and quality control guidelines and that policies and procedures are understood and followed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases / data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as they arise.
- Assist with the receipt, accession and prepare DNA database samples and/or boxes of forensic evidence or related materials
- Compile, maintain, and records a variety of quality assurance and quality control data including, but not limited to, training, and technical qualifications
- Develop recommendations for changes necessary to correct problems or deficiencies.
- Advise and train contract staff in case of policy changes.
- Maintain liaison with quality assurance personnel and external vendors and contractors.
- Perform duties in support of the management.
- Provide input into the development of new guidelines and quality assurance standards.
- Inputting information into quality system databases.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation and checking of laboratory chemicals and reagents used, and perform routine calculations to ensure compliance with quality assurance requirements.
- Prepare detailed documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical or life science disciplines, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or other related field with demonstrable coursework in these areas.
- Two years recent laboratory experience.
- One year supervisory experience
- Working experience, training experience, and industry/government credentials demonstrating the ability to perform high order scientific services.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (e.g. Business Objects), and databases (e.g. SQL), and experience with a LIMS.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g. Excel, SPSS, SAS). Course work in forensics, attention to detail, and familiarization with QA / QC procedures.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- The above experience should demonstrate the capability to deliver products under conditions of high operational tempo, frequently adjusting priorities and flux in requirements, on time. It should also demonstrate the ability to interface effectively with senior members of external organizations to develop and support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations, and communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ Secret security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.