Access Control Specialist, Part Time
Join our team of 500+ front-line security professionals ensuring that our nation’s most precious assets are protected. As a physical security specialist, you will be provided with exceptional training and growth opportunities while playing a critical role in the workplace and mission security for a US intelligence community customer.
Are you Vigilant, Trustworthy and Patient?
If security is important to you, keep reading. These are the foundational qualities we are looking for in our Access Control Specialists!
- Monitor and control the access of employees and visitors in and out of restricted areas by ensuring people have proper access.
- Ensure that prohibited and restricted items do not find their way in or out of the building.
- Diligently monitor your restricted area.
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees and visitors.
- Remain alert and aware of surroundings.
- Exhibit excellent communication in every interaction.
- Ensure attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently during your scheduled shift(s).
- The ability to adapt to change within high-volume, fast-paced, and slow-paced environments.
- Currently hold an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- You must be able to work every Friday, 3rd shift (10pm-6am +/- 1 hour), Saturday, 2nd shift (2:00pm- 10:00pm +/- 1 hour), or Saturday 3rd shift (10pm-6am +/- 1 hour), based on contract needs; this work supports 24/7 operations, and you may be assigned challenging shifts, but it will be worth it!
- Must commit to working 8 hours per week (2 weekend shifts per pay period).
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license in good standing.
- High School diploma or GED.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Currently live within a 75-mile radius of Annapolis Junction, MD.
- Must be willing to travel within 10-15 miles of Annapolis Junction Business Park.
- Read, speak, and understand English language fluently.
- You will need to be comfortable leaving your mobile device at home or in your car. The assigned work location will be in a restricted mobile communication zone.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands
You need to be physically able to perform all duties and functions as specified:
- You need to see well and to prove it. So, you should have 20/20 vision (glasses and contacts count) and close vision correctable to Jaeger No. 4 type test for both eyes.
- You need to be free of color blindness.
- You should have normal fields of vision and good depth perception, as defined by the Snellen chart.
- You need to be able to have hearing which is correctable to normal level hearing with hearing aids. Normal hearing levels are demonstrated by a pure tone audiometry hearing level (HL) of 0 decibels (dB) or lower.
- You need to be able to stand continuously for 4 hours at a time.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.