Personnel Security Specialist (HSPD-12)
To provide personnel and administrative support services for DHS Federal Protective Services (FPS) Homeland Security Directive -12 (HSD-12) offices.
Provide personnel and administrative support of the overall operational objectives for FPS Personnel Security Division, duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate background investigations.
- Manage receipt of security documents submitted from contractor applicants.
- Conduct fingerprinting procedures
- Initiate contact with personal references, employers of applicants, and appointees for use in pre-employment suitability inquiries.
- Verify the appropriate level of background investigation being requested, and ensures all documents required for suitability processing have been completed and included in the individual files.
- Operate office equipment (e.g., computers, facsimile machines, copiers, scanners, printers, and phone systems).
- Prepare, submit, monitor, and update computer tracking systems concerning appropriate case material.
- Serve as a source of reference and guidance for staff members regarding the monitoring and maintenance of case-material.
- Apply incident management, problem solving, and task performance.
- Produce finished documentation, e.g., reports, special studies, policy and procedure development, security designs, training programs and assessments.
- Responsible for filing correspondence, and other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to the filing system used
- Provide research and technical support to projects.
- Provide solutions and documentation.
- Monitor project tasks and schedules.
- Process requests for Personal Verification Cards in accordance with HSPD-12
Minimum Experience & Education
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- Must have at least three (3) years of relevant experience:
- Experience within one or more of the standard securities and/or intelligence fields e.g., technical, physical, information, industrial, personnel and operational security.
- Subject matter expertise and hands-on experience in one or more security and/or intelligence discipline and experience implementing complex government security and/or intelligence programs and policies is preferable.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with ISMS, eQIP, CVS, and/or JPAS.
- Validate personal and personnel security information through information management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office Programs and desktop publishing application software and hardware.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.