Personnel Security Specialist III
If you have BI, BI Case Reviewer, Adjudications, or Investigative Federal Law Enforcement experience we're looking for you!
Are you currently uncleared but willing to be subjected to the Government Clearance Process for a clearance? Ask us about the options we have!
- Review and analyze requests for investigations concerning security clearances, reciprocity, requirements, violations, and assessments. Subjects of the investigations range from on - board employees, contract / access applicants and other personnel requiring security clearances or access to FBI facilities.
- Review and analyze various FBI investigative files and related material to determine and extract all possible identifying information, matching records, questionable or overlapping elements and other areas of investigative consideration, which could have a bearing on an individual's reliability, trustworthiness, and loyalty.
- Examine and analyze material to determine any deliberate misrepresentation of facts, criminal or immoral conduct, any signs of mentally disabling illness, sympathetic association with hostile intelligence individuals / organizations and facts or fragments of information which furnish reason to sustain suspicion that the subject may be a possible security risk.
- Conduct Personnel Security Interviews (PSIs) as determined during the course of the security investigation, in conjunction with information developed or per the request of FBI HQ.
- Prepare a detailed analysis of all information developed, supporting analysis and recommendations to initiate further investigation, and any additional security concerns and recommendations based on this information, which would include remedial or precautionary action to meet minimum security standards. Ensure that all relevant information and justification is developed and properly considered in accordance with security policies and FBI regulations.
- Conduct security briefings which include Security Awareness and Hostile Threat. Revise security briefings based on the specific issues developed and security requirements.
- Assist in conducting preliminary and final reviews of statements of personal history and related data prior to the initiation of background investigation procedures.
- Conduct BIs of individuals who would occupy positions where a determination of suitability for employment or access to classified information is required.
- Prepare reports on investigations resulting from interviews conducted during BIs.
- Draft summary sheets on the results of investigations for all assigned cases. In case of derogatory information, draft a detailed evaluation of the adverse information.
- When information is insufficient to make a recommendation regarding the disposition of the case, draft a list of recommended questions for lines of inquiry for follow - on investigations.
- Assist in making recommendations for adjudication of personal background investigations for employment with the FBI and / or issuance of a security clearance.
- Work assignments include but are not limited to:
- Review Personnel Security Questionnaires (SF - 86 and SF - 85P)
- Verify information submitted on applications
- Contact subjects via approved methods to complete information on background investigation forms
- Input data from MAC applications
- Retrieve data from credit bureaus, request Local Agency Checks, review reports to determine criminal record, traffic violation, etc.
- Prepare reports on investigations resulting from interviews conducted during the BI.
- Draft summary sheets on the results of investigations for all assigned cases.
- Prioritize assignments and create schedules to meet deadlines.
- Use advanced interview skills to work with subjects to gather more in - depth details relating to their backgrounds.
- Conduct peer reviews as required.
- With minimum direction, supports research and analysis into complex problems and processes.
- Serve as expert on project teams.
- Provide critical thinking and analysis utilized for completion of written documentation and oral presentations.
- Apply extensive experience and full knowledge of security disciples.
- Perform all duties associated with level II as necessary.
- This position has been deemed mission critical by the customer
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Will accept uncleared candidates willing to go through the Government Clearance Process.
- Clearance – TS/SCI
- Five (5) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years’ experience OR Associate’s Degree with seven (7) years’ experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing and writing Reports of Investigation that form basis for creation of investigative and / or adjudication record.
- Experience interpreting Governmental and commercial database checks to identify areas of concern during the investigative process.
- Experience analyzing investigative reports and other sources of information to identify security vulnerabilities; to develop investigative leads; to propose a recommendation as to the approval, denial, or revocation of eligibility for access to national security information based on the application of the appropriate adjudicative standards.
- Proficient computer skills to include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Use of Internet to conduct research and / or open source checks in aid of investigations
- Experience with various Federal LE and IC IT systems for conducting automated record checks.
- Knowledge of and experience with use of applicable commercial and Federal Government database systems.
- Experience performing database searches for information related to personnel security matters.
- Distribution and update of personnel security documentation files.
- Responsibility for security of program data and materials.
- Processing security clearance and BI documentation in preparation for adjudication.
- Prepared documentation for Government agencies and customers.
- Experience performing multiple administrative tasks dealing with databases queries, filing, processing mail and performing audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to conduct established Federal Government standards for investigations, BIs, and security investigations relating to suitability and security standards.
- Knowledge of DOJ and FBI regulations regarding the personnel security process.
- Experience conducting interviews and security briefings, discussing analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and preparing written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of the indices systems, various record check systems, and file review processes to develop and extract the most complete and accurate information relative to the subject as possible.
- Demonstrated understanding of the following security – related / investigative guidelines:
- Federal Investigative Standards (FIS)
- Security Executive Agent Directives (SEADs)
- Executive Orders (EOs)
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (US CFR)
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.