Personnel Security Specialist II
- Provide support and service to the program by participating in the completion of the less complex security assessment investigations conducted by the Field Offices (FOs) and rendering appropriate adjudication recommendations regarding the same. Schedule, review and analyze a variety of interviews internal and external to the organization, such as applicants and references, both federal and contractors.
- Provide support, analysis, and research into complex problems and processes relating to Personal Security.
- Complete written reports and / or oral presentations utilizing critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Contribute to development of new principles and concepts.
- Work on complex problems and provides solutions.
- Advise supervisor of potentially controversial matters or those matters with far reaching implications.
- Initiate or perform extensive FBI indices checks, arrest record checks, and the like to obtain pertinent and identifying information for the cases assigned.
- Request, receive, review and analyze various FBI Government files and related material for determination of an individual's potential security risk.
- Summarize data and compose necessary correspondence to appropriate FOs for initiation of investigation, outlining background of individual cases, advising of information obtained from research and analysis and define security concerns. Issue guidance for the initiation of investigation, setting forth leads which are to be addressed in compliance with existing Federal standards and FBI policy. Forward correspondence to the Government lead for approval before transmission.
- Coordinate with FOs for the submission of investigation information. Examine and critically analyze investigative reports and correspondence from the FOs for conformance to administrative requirements as to format and content, and to ensure the investigation is adequate, denoted leads have been sufficiently covered, and procedures have been conducted in accordance with FBI regulations and policies. Note inadequacies and transmit additional instructions to the field, recommending additional investigation and / or the elimination of unproductive procedures.
- Recommend the need for polygraph examinations and / or interviews based upon analysis of all data available. Compose appropriate communications to pertinent FBI HQ Divisions and FOs to initiate same, setting forth any specific guidance which should be followed in regard to same (i.e., particular areas in question which need to be resolved; special qualifications desired of interviewer; etc.). Determinations and resulting communications are subject to review and approval by the Government lead.
- Receive, review, and analyze the results of further investigations, along with the results of interviews and polygraph examinations to ensure that all issues have been resolved, that gaps in information have been adequately covered, and that areas in question have been sufficiently addressed to efficiently and effectively help determine individual's recommendation for security clearance approval.
- Summarize all data provided and developed in a formal written analysis of the security concerns and their resolutions, giving consideration to information developed.
- Establish and maintain liaison with other FBI HQ Divisions, DOJ and other agency officials including members of the IC to obtain, develop, and / or resolve queries as required.
- Coordinate or work in concert with other FBI components as required to surface, develop, and resolve various issues encountered.
- Recommend new methods and procedures for passing and affirming clearances including SCI / Regulations, FISs, and / or EO and DOJ Orders.
- Perform security assessment investigations and provide recommendations to the FBI HQ.
- Review and analyze requests for investigations concerning security clearances.
- Prepare a detailed analysis of all information developed, to include potential remedial or precautionary action to meet minimum security standards.
- Assist with briefings and debriefings of individual cases as necessary.
- Upload all official documents into the defined system of record, management, workflow, or tracking systems, files, and /or sub - files.
- This position has been deemed mission critical by the customer
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Top Secret Clearance..
- Will accept uncleared candidates willing to go through the Government Clearance Process.
- Clearance – TS/SCI
- Two (2) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing and writing Reports of Investigation that form basis for creation of investigative and / or adjudication record.
- Experience conducting and interpreting database checks and credit reports.
- Experience performing routine office administrative support functions.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to critically review and analyze various types of incoming material and investigative reports to discern potential security vulnerabilities and to identify viable investigative leads.
- Proficient computer skills to include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Use of Internet to conduct research and / or open source checks in aid of investigations
- Experience with various Federal LE and IC IT systems for conducting automated record checks.
- Knowledge of and experience with use of applicable commercial and Federal Government database systems.
- Experience performing database searches for information related to personnel security matters.
- Distribution and update of personnel security documentation files.
- Responsibility for security of program data and materials.
- Processing security clearance and BI documentation in preparation for adjudication.
- Prepared documentation for Government agencies and customers.
- Experience performing multiple administrative tasks dealing with databases queries, filing, processing mail and performing audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to conduct established Federal Government standards for investigations, BIs, and security investigations relating to suitability and security standards.
Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years’ experience OR Associate’s Degree with four (4) years’ experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the following security – related / investigative guidelines:
- Federal Investigative Standards (FIS)
- Security Executive Agent Directives (SEADs)
- Executive Orders (EOs)
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (US CFR)
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.