Inspector - Heavy Wheel (GmbH)
This is a European Union or US National Local Hire Position in Germany. As such the employee will be subject to paying German taxes and be part of the German work force with all the benefits of Host Nation employment and social system. This position is not approved for relocation allowances.
Purpose: Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections of maintenance vehicle and equipment repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Oversees and or conducts inspections on different classifications of wheeled vehicles/equipment at the unit level.
- Oversees and or conducts initial inspections upon delivery of equipment and records data information for the processing of maintenance work orders, troubleshoots identified faults and in-process inspections as required during the repair phase. Conducts a final inspection upon completion of maintenance repairs to ensure quality product outputs are met.
- Prepares records of inspection/tests and make them available to the QA/QC Department.
- Verifies procedures being used are adequate for the effective control of quality, rejects defective workmanship and materials, verifies and certifies the test results on supporting documents.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to shop maintenance personnel on inspection principles of workmanship, procedures to be employed, and quality of work expected.
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate regulations, company SOPs, directives, and technical manuals to establish and maintain a quality management program.
- Maintains crosstalk with QA and LAR representatives.
- Coordinates with Shop Supervisor when technical problems arise, and in-depth mechanical knowledge is required.
- Cross trains when required to ensure maximum flexibility and possession of technical skills in the development and maintenance of quality programs.
- Maintains a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Amentum Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Performs other duties are assigned.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in
compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of wheel vehicle maintenance experience required.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to pass General Trade Skill PQS within 30 days of hire.
- Must have knowledge of diagnostics tools and forms used at the unit level.
- Must be able to read vehicle/equipment schematics.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret U.S. Army Technical Manuals with relation to vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all Logistics Information System (LIS) access requirements (Common Access Card).
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Additional requirements: Must be able to obtain or be in the possession of a valid European Driver’s License, Class B Driver’s License
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Disclaimer: This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Full or partial Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or European equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a wheeled vehicle inspector preferred.
- The preferred candidate would have a valid work & residency permit to work in Germany or be a national of the European Union / European Economic Area.
- This position is not approved for relocation allowances.