Amentum has a Construction Coordinator opening at our Springfield, VA client facility. Individual will perform routine duties requiring knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles to coordinate the successful renovation of infrastructure projects. Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Ensure successful, on-time completion of construction projects of various levels of complexity.
- Review customer requests for proposals.
- Work with trades personnel to create project material lists.
- Ensure timely and efficient execution of fieldwork.
- Complete site-walks to ensure conformance with specifications and design.
- Review and analyze schedule progress.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for project management providing needed information for submittals.
- Implement the construction portion of the assigned project through day-to-day direction of field activities.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, and contractors.
- Work with the various Engineering design teams to support the development of Construction Sequencing and Deliverability together with the development of the initial Construction Management Plan.
- Ensure required materials remain on schedule to support project execution milestones.
- Supports Site Safety to ensure that projects are completed per established safety procedures, requirements, and goals.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with new and existing subcontractors.
- Ensure receipt of all necessary project close out documentation and ensure proper updates of CMMS system records and maintenance libraries are accomplished.
- Ensure subcontractor performance meets contract, safety, and security requirements
- Perform project close out tasks to include scheduling quality control assessments and ensuring redline drawings are completed and submitted to the customer.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management, or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent and
- 5 years relative construction management experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI