Amentum is looking for a Sr. Construction Superintendent to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD office and support our Government customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the construction portion of the assigned project through day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for all job site activities.
- Ensure timely and efficient execution of fieldwork.
- Act as a customer contact for all construction project field activities.
- Ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget, meets accounting requirements and is built to quality standards.
- Under limited direction, has responsibility for all construction activities on a project. To include directing subcontractors, vendors, and Amentum field labor.
- Report to the Project Manager and is thoroughly knowledgeable and fully accountable with considerable latitude in decision making.
- Interpret, organize and coordinate work assignments for subcontractors, vendors, and Amentum field labor.
- Under general direction, responsible for managing very large and/or complex construction project.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on unusually complicated projects.
- Creates, updates, and reports on construction project schedules. May include working with project scheduler.
- Brief Amentum Sr. Management, construction team, and client stakeholders on the status of the project.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly reports for internal and external clients.
- Advises team on matters affecting project success, schedule and cost impacts, and develops project recovery plans.
- Part of the project management team assisting in meeting project deadlines.
- Identify out of scope work items and work with Project Manager to create change order requests to be presented to client, including estimated cost and schedule impacts.
- Generates RFIs as issues arise in the field.
- Provide answers to technical questions that arise in the field as needed.
- Within area of responsibility, consistently identifies potential project problems or opportunities in a proactive manner, analyzes the issues using all appropriate resources, develops alternatives and arrives at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Communicates with and updates government and military personnel during field visits.
- Audits, analyzes, and provides evaluation of performance to ensure compliance.
- Ensures work is completed safely and works with onsite safety representative to address unsafe conditions and/or practices.
- Read blue prints, specifications, and contract documents
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ten (10) years’ experience in field construction supervision or demonstrated equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for three (3) years of experience)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- TS / SCI with fully polygraph
- 30 Hour OSHA safety certification (current)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance