Quality Inspection Position Description: -
- Conduct on-site field inspection activities
- Carrying out measurement activities to ensure that they meet the required specifications and are compliant.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders including the Amentum Team, Client and Supply chain to ensure QC guidance is provided and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance, investigation of non-conforming products/processes and ensuring effective corrective and preventive action is taken to close out NCRs.
- Facilitate and support project team with root cause analysis, corrective action, and continual improvement of processes.
- Management and assurance of Life-Time Quality Records generated in support of activities performed on a highly regulated nuclear site.
- Provide Review, approval, management and verification of supplier Manufacturing Inspection and Test Plans required for activities performed on and off site.
- Ensure the quality of the project, product, records, service and their supporting processes meet the standards and specifications required by the associated NEC4 contract.
- Carry out project QC activities in accordance with client contract requirements.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Assist in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Work in line with the Amentum management system and support any improvement opportunities in process and work instructions.
- Escalate all issues to the Quality Engineers and Managers.
- Carry out internal audit and supplier audit as requested by internal stakeholders, ensuring contract quality requirements are in accordance with client specifications.
- Provide support to staff to ensure that processes comply with the relevant requirements of the contract specification, quality plans, the quality management system and international standards
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensuring that the arrangements identified in the Project QA/QC Strategy are implemented within the project; typically this will include the Project Execution
- Populating the supplier Quality Plans and Inspection and Test plans with the appropriate hold witness and review points.
- Carrying out monitoring, witness inspections, test and verifications as identified in the supplier Quality or Inspection and Test Plan.
- Ensure that Lifetime Quality Records are being generated and verified concurrent with manufacturing, installation or build activities.
- Raising non-conformance report for products / services that do not satisfy the specified requirements.
- Promote company and client quality objectives and expectations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Civils/Mech/EC&I background required
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor / Internal Auditor.
- QC grade Training desirable
- Third party / supplier auditing.
- NCR generation and management.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Understanding of ISO 14001 / 45001 requirements.
- Worked in highly regulated industries.
- Experience and understanding of process improvement.
- Membership of appropriate professional body (I.e., CQI) or willingness to attain.
- Experience of working in highly regulated industry.
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Quality Inspector to join us on our major projects located around the UK.
We need all candidates to ideally be Security Cleared (SC) or have no issue in obtaining SC.
Amentum is an equal opportunities employer.
- Proven and Solid experience in area of specialisation. QC Grade Training advantageous. Auditor/lead auditor certificate desired. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organisational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.