ERRP Retail Store Assistant Supervisor
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
- Maintain a visually appealing retail environment that is clean, safe, well stocked, and organized.
- Responsible for Monthly Health Inspection.
- Address customer requests, comments, and complaints.
- Lead cashiers/ stockers to achieve sales, stocking, marketing, and inventorying in Drive retail operations to help build a high-performing team, change in management processes.
- Assist Retail/Warehouse manager in developing a system with processes for preventing and managing expired products.
- Assist in Customers special order program.
- Responsible for daily cash/credit card sales balances from cashiers to the finance office.
- Oversee the receiving, pricing, transferring, and writing off products ensuring retail store policies and procedures are followed.
- Supervise inventory cycle counts as directed by management according to the schedule.
- Enforce avoidance processes for stock damages, theft, and waste.
- An inspirational and motivational leader that can set clear expectations in customer service relation and be held accountable for achieving sales, inventory management, and operational retail industry performance targets.
- Work closely with the Warehouse to ensure all products are received into the Point-of-Sale (POS) system, priced accurately, merchandised with labels on the shelf.
- Daily, work closely with material coordinators to ensure consistent product replenishment both through vendor order fulfillment and warehouse transfers.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings to ensure safety is consistently practiced in task performance and the required safety standards are met.
- Immediately report issues and concerns pertaining to the safe and efficient operation of the retail store facilities through the proper chain of command.
- Create employee schedules to ensure that all required shifts are covered adequately or find/provide coverage when necessary.
- Oversee store-wide operations; ensure that each cashier/ stocker has the knowledge and skills essential to accomplish whole store goals.
- Follow timekeeping procedures in entering staff timesheets.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, an associate degree is a plus. Two (2) or more years’ experience working in a grocery store, convenience store or related retail environment with 1-2 years in a supervisory position preferred. 2 years related experience working in supply, materials management and warehousing environment preferred. Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance. Valid drivers license and passport will be required. Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities available. PC literate with excellent data-entry skills and a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, a certified Excel Microsoft Specialist preferred. Willingness to learn and seek out new POS features and updates that increase ERRP efficiencies and effectiveness. Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and work in positions including repeated bending, twisting, reaching upward, squatting and kneeling. Must be able to work tropical climate that includes outdoors, work inside walk-in chill and freeze units. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide timely, empathetic assistance that puts the customers at the forefront. Must be able to work weekends and holidays as well as work a non-traditional regular work week. Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and to be flexible in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter who is process- and detail-oriented capable of working with limited supervision. Excellent time-management, oral and written communication skills.