Government Public Services (GPS) Lead GPS Pricing Specialist (13990)
- Perform proposal preparation, coordinate vendor quotes, and participate in quality assurance reviews with minimal guidance from Team Lead. Perform proposal reviews with management, primarily in a support role.
- Build and populate templates to facilitate identification and population of staff within the estimating data. Interacting with the Engagement Team, Procurement, and outside sources to collect data for proposals, as applicable.
- Develop, communicate, and execute pricing and subcontracting strategies within proposals.
- Develop cost / price exhibits to convey the appropriate information necessary to convey our cost / price data effectively and compliantly.
- Develop and communicate Pricing's requirements in the proposal planning/ scheduling process. Review proposal with management.
- Review and interpret RFP/RFQ documentation; identify and develop questions based on the solicitation that impact Pricing compliance and strategy.
- Coordinate review of the pricing volume with Contracts and other internal groups
- Lead the Pricing Volume content development and publication prior to submission.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
A high degree of collaboration and communication is expected and encouraged for success in this role.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the characteristic attributes shaping Higher Education as well as Federal, State, and Local government initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization to bring the full breadth of Deloitte - commercial, Federal, and public-sector expertise - to best support our GPS clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Public Services marketplace.
The GPS Enabling Areas team provides specialized support such as proposal pricing to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain our competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Minimum 5 years in professional service in one of the following disciplines (or combination thereof) pricing, program control, financial analysis, market research, or consulting, focused on providing business strategies, competitive intelligence, or market research within the Federal or State/Local/Higher Education marketplace;
- At least 3 years analytical experience (interpretation of data and reporting results);
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with a strong focus on Excel modeling for analysis and data presentation, and PowerPoint for developing effective presentations;
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Knowledge of the proposal life cycle as well as contract types, including fixed-price, cost, T&M/FPLH, GSA Schedules, BPA/IDIQs; Commercial and State & Local a plus
- Understanding solicitation pricing requirements and evaluation criteria
- Concepts of Cost vs. Price and Direct vs. Indirect rate structures
- Ability to accurately develop and maintain pricing models, summarize data and perform peer validation / auditing functions
- General knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other contractual regulations relating to proposal pricing a plus
- Ability to identify many commonly used regulations and explain their relevancy to bids and pricing in general.
The ideal candidate will have analytical skills, attention to detail, be creative and inquisitive, and be able to be equally successful working independently and within a team. The candidate should have good organizational skills specifically around the management, analysis, and processing of large amounts of data to arrive at required outputs. As such, analytical skills and the general ability to use standard tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and Word are necessary. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills - specifically the ability to communicate complicated pricing and procurement concepts to others that may have less expertise in the subject area.