Amentum is seeking an Industrial Electrician III in Moline, IL!
Typical work hours are 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM; hours may vary based on business demand.
This electrical maintenance technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility electrical equipment in an industrial, large commercial, or logistics distribution environment.
This maintenance electrician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility electrical and mechanical equipment.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot all electrical equipment and systems including, but not limited to, motors, drives, low voltage controls, lighting, PLC’s, HVAC, Chiller, etc. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
The Industrial Electrician III must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480-volt 3 phase and facility systems such as RTU, doors, lighting, VFDs and motors circuits.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on industrial electrical control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, such as area personal fans, thermostats for gas and electric heaters, reset of buss bars and disconnects, etc.
- Troubleshooting of electrical components such as, but not limited to PLC’s, AC & DC drives, relay logic, single loop controllers, pneumatics & hydraulics
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Electrical system components - MCC’s, inverters, motors, etc.
- Differentiate between cause types when troubleshooting among product, process, mechanical, and electrical contributors
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics/prints, updating electrical prints/schematics assigned for modification
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Math skills to include: Arithmetic, Application of formulas such as current, voltage, etc., Conversion of measurement units
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience as a maintenance electrician in an industrial demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree in industrial electrical or a related field.
- Experience working safely with 480V 3 phase circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial lighting systems.
- Experience making repairs on rubber production or similar equipment.
- Experience installing conduit.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electric motors and motor controls.
- Experience troubleshooting PLC logic.
- Experience troubleshooting VFD’s.
- Experience working with a PC-based work order opening, closing and time reporting system.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.