Production Maintenance Electrician
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Electrician to join our Industrial Maintenance Team in Winston-Salem, NC!
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible to be the subject matter expert for troubleshooting, servicing, and documenting for the mechanical, electrical, and controls needs of process/production equipment in an industrial environment.
- Maintains, improves, and participates in developing control systems, programming ladder logic / PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens S7, Fanuc, GE, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5) and HMI.
- Works with Allen Bradley, controls and instrumentation such as thermocouples and transducers, as well as primary voltages up to and including 480v.
- Knowledge of the operation, use and recovery of CNC machine tools and robotic automation and systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, adjust mechanical power drive systems, ball screws and machine tool spindles.
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Performs General Maintenance of equipment as required.
This position is also responsible for providing leadership to the maintenance staff and directing the daily workflow of the team. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs process/production machines, equipment and related electrical equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24v up to and including 480v AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Calibrates instrumentation equipment and controls for optimum performance.
- Procures parts from crib systems, OEM or authorized vendors.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Develops and monitors work assignments for other technicians and coaches as appropriate.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Promotes and adheres to the Amentum Safety Structure.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 6 years of experience performing mechanical maintenance and repair on production equipment in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AMENTUM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Associates degree or technical certification in Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, or related technical program.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors, Harpoon systems, Coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience trouble shooting CNC machine tools and other complex mechanical systems.
- Experience troubleshooting robotic control systems, such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems,
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.