Amentum is seeking an Electrical Controls Technician for our facility operations & maintenance team in Fairless Hills
The Electrical Controls Technician is responsible for performing at the subject matter expert level in maintaining, troubleshooting, programming PLC and servicing all aspects of facility and production equipment.
This position may collaborate with other specialized technicians or subcontractors to perform facility-related repairs and other technical services. Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements and solve complex monitoring and control problems. Works with Allen Bradley, Wago, Wonderware, Honeywell, Edstrom, GE, GE Historian, Emerson and Siemens Controls, Schneider Electric BAS platforms, Cimplicity BAS platforms, associated instrumentation, and utility metering and monitoring.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs facility and production systems and equipment as well as related mechanical equipment and systems.
- Programs, modifies, and interfaces with various MMI (HMI) devices.
- Leverages proficiency in electronic data communication methods and techniques such as Profibus, profit-net, SCADA, Ethernet, and remote I/O wired and wireless communication platforms.
- Interface with the onsite Machine tool SCADA and develop relevant HMIs in conjuncture with historian data.
- Conceives and realizes automated solution implementing controls schemes
- Assures calibration and maintenance of instrumentation, equipment, and controls for optimum performance.
- Responds to emergencies and immediately stabilizes the facility.
- Monitors facility.
- Performs plant alignment and switching to facilitate Critical Environment Workflows.
- Monitors suppliers and third-party vendors as required to facilitate Critical Environment workflows.
- Creates and manages process, procedures and other supporting coordination and documentation work to facilitate Critical Environment workflows.
- Schedules and coordinates third party suppliers including facility access.
- Acts as Point of Contact for after hour issues regarding the critical environment.
- Records details and resource requirements for all Critical Environment activities, both internal and from any suppliers or third-party vendors in accordance with the published Critical Environment standards.
- Finds solutions and helps with procurement of spare parts.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Creates and modifies procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
High school diploma or GED.
6 years of experience performing electrical and mechanical machine tool service and repair in a, heavy industrial, environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ladder logic fluent with the ability to create new and troubleshoot existing logic.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the ability to safely operate an Ariel Lift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Possess knowledge of Building Systems sequence of operations
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing process mechanical systems such as HVAC equipment and utilities supporting same.
- Experience working with Fire Protection Systems
- Knowledge of Water Systems used in critical environment applications.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, and working with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using testing equipment such as meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc. used in maintenance and troubleshooting activities